Hello witches and wizards! At this point, you’ve probably already seen the Spell Energy on the Map or the official announcement from Harry Potter: Wizards Unite regarding temporary changes in the game.
Brief reminder that I am just one person who does NOT work for Niantic or Warner Bros., so I was sound asleep at 1:30am my time when the changes went live in the game. The rest of the NDA team and I spent all of Friday talking to Fazes about our ideas to make Wizards Unite more playable from home. Even though she told us what to expect fairly early on Friday, the approval to share didn’t come until 1:30am ET, hence this late article. We are still sharing ideas with Fazes, so if you have any suggestions, leave a comment!
Playing Wizards Unite from Home
This is what Fazes shared regarding changes to Wizards Unite:
The following updates are now live in Wizards Unite, until further notice:
- Tonic for Trace Detection will reveal Traces more frequently; 30 Traces per Tonic
- Tonic for Trace Detection will have Master Notes effectiveness increased from 15% to 50%
- Ingredients will appear on the Map more frequently, especially those needed for Tonic for Trace Detection
- Traces will appear on the Map more frequently
- Spell Energy will appear on the Map
- A free store bundle will be available in the Diagon Alley shop featuring 4 Tonics for Trace Detection
- The amount of Gifts that can be opened each day will be increased from 10 to 20
Brewing Tonic for Trace Detection will take 3.5 hours with Master Notes.
In the last hour, Spell Energy has appeared on my Map about 5 times already, along with a great deal of Angel’s Trumpet, Bulbadox Juice, and Baneberry. I haven’t seen any Erumpent Horn yet today, but I already have a large stockpile of it.
Other changes might come as well. I will keep updating this article with more information. For now, check out my previous articles regarding Wizards Unite and COVID-19.
Stay updated with Wizards Unite news by following Wizards Unite Hub on social media!