This Harry Potter: Wizards Unite guide is focused on the upcoming Brilliant Event: Lost Love Part One. There is a new mechanic in regards to the Potion Ingredients we will see and interact with on the game Map AND when you place Registry images on your page, so read on or check out my YouTube channel for more information on how it will work!
Guide to Week 1 of the Lost Love Brilliant Event!
Discover all the tasks and the rewards in the first week of the Love Lost Brilliant Event.
Once again, this Brilliant Event will have a Bonus Assignment during both weeks in the event you are ambitious enough and finish the regular tasks early!
Brilliant Event Overview
|Event Name Lost Love Brilliant Event (Week 1)|
|Date + Time
New Brilliant Event Mechanic
This Brilliant Event is experimenting with a new feature that rewards players for placing the Registry images by boosting the effectiveness of Potions even further than before. Here’s how to do it:
- When placing the Minerva McGonagall images, the number of Traces revealed by the Tonic for Trace Detection increases from 10 to 15.
- When placing the Order of Merlin image, Baruffio’s Brain Elixir increases in effectiveness from 2x XP to 2.5x XP gained.
- When placing the Photograph of Dougal McGregor image, the amount of spell casts affected by Strong Exstimulo Potions increases from 4 spell casts to 6 spell casts.
Brilliant Event Tasks
As per usual, these tasks all come straight from the development team. They should be accurate unless the HP:WU developers make last-minute changes (again). If anything changes, I will update this article as soon as possible!
This Brilliant Event is 4 steps long, as is tradition. You have to complete each section before progressing to the next one. Once you finish the regular quest steps, you can move onto the Bonus Assignment. It should also be noted that the Bonus Bundle will not unlock in the Diagon Alley store until you reach the Bonus Assignment step of the Brilliant Event.
Brilliant Portkeys from this week of the Lost Love Brilliant Event will feature a BRAND NEW location: Madam Puddifoot’s Tea Shop.
Prepare to be agile or else fall prey to an arrow from a little baby Cupid while sipping your Earl Grey. Until then, we’ve got tasks to do.
Lost Love Quest 1/4
Like I mentioned before, Strong Exstimulo Potion Ingredients should be spawning frequently in the Brilliant Event. Don’t know what to look for? Don’t fret! Keep your eyes peeled for Bitterroot, Snowdrop, Re’em Blood, and Abraxan Hair.
|Collect Strong Exstimulo Ingredients from the Map 2 times||25 Brilliant Family XP|
|Dine at 3 Inns||25 Brilliant Family XP|
|Return 5 Brilliant Self-Playing Harps||150 Wizard XP|
1st Quest Rewards
- 150 Wizarding XP
- 2 Restricted Section Books
- 4 Snowdrop Potion Ingredients
- 2 Abraxan Hair Potion Ingredients
- 1 Powdered Dragon Claw Potion Ingredient
Lost Love Quest 2/4
With this Brilliant Event you might notice a certain synergy with the quest steps. Picking up Potion Ingredients? Guess what? Go ahead and start brewing those puppies if your stock is running low because you will need them in the following quest step!
Ingredients for the Tonic for Trace Detection include: Bulbadox Juice, Baneberry, Angel’s Trumpet, and Erumpent Horn.
|Use Strong Exstimulo Potion 3 times||200 Wizarding XP|
|Pick up 2 Tonic for Trace Detection Ingredients||200 Wizarding XP|
|Return 5 High Threat Foundables||2 Erumpent Horn Ingredients|
2nd Quest Rewards
- 1 Hornbill Brilliant Registry Image
- 100 Wizarding XP
- 45 Brilliant Family XP
- 3 Restricted Section Books
- 6 Baneberry Potion Ingredients
Lost Love Quest 3/4
Spoiler alert! Or reverse spoiler alert? I was right. Collect Potion Ingredients, use said Potion. Boom bada bing! Can you guess what comes in step 4?!
|Use Tonic for Trace Detection 2 times||375 Wizarding XP|
|Collect Baruffio’s Brain Elixir Potion Ingredients from the Map 2 times||375 Wizarding XP|
|Return 7 Brilliant Minerva McGonagall Foundables||1 Hermit Crab Shell Ingredient|
3rd Quest Rewards
- 50 Brilliant Family XP
- 5 Restricted Section Books
- 1 Silver Key
- 1 Strong Exstimulo Potion
- 1 Transfiguration Today Front Page Portrait Frame
Lost Love Quest 4/4
For the final step (and the hardest, although still pretty easy) knock out the following tasks and celebrate finishing the main quest before moving on to the Bonus Assignment!
|Use Baruffio’s Brain Elixir 2 times||1 Silver Key|
|Walk 3 km||55 Brilliant Family XP|
|Unlock 5 Portkey Portmanteaus||3 Spell Books|
4th Quest Rewards
- 1 Hogwarts Crest Brilliant Registry Image
- 1000 Wizard XP
- 5 Restricted Section Books
- 50 Coins
- 1 Hermione Granger-themed Portrait Frame
Lost Love Week 1 BONUS Assignment!
If you complete the regular Brilliant Event quests before the Brilliant Event ends, you also have the chance to complete the Bonus Assignment.
This assignment seems to be rather simple. Pick up the Ingredients you see, brew the Potions as often as possible, and you should be done with the event in no time!
|Return 15 High Threat Foundables||1 Strong Exstimulo Potion|
|Return 30 Brilliant Foundables||1 Butterscotch Potion Ingredient|
|Brew 12 Potions||Luna Lovegood Portrait Frame|
|Use 15 Potions||2 Dark Detectors|
- 2000 Wizarding XP
- 100 Brilliant Family XP
- 3 Spell Books
- 1 Title: Concoction Connoisseur
Brilliant Foundables and Where to Find Them
Just like previous Brilliant Events, you will only be able to encounter some of these Brilliant Foundables in the wild. The others can be found through Fortress Challenges, special 3k Portkeys, and event tasks.
|Brilliant||Where to find it||Fragments to collect|
Brilliant Minerva McGonagall
Brilliant Self-Playing Harp
|Brilliant Hogwarts Crest||Event Tasks||1|
|Brilliant Order of Merlin||Brilliant Portkey Portmanteaus||5|
Brilliant Photograph of Dougal McGregor
|Wizarding Challenges (need a Brilliant Runestone)||3|
Tips to Complete the Brilliant Event
If this is your first Brilliant Event, or if you’re thrown off by the different tasks, these tips will help you complete the Brilliant Event before the time runs out. With careful planning (and a little bit of walking!), you can complete the Bonus Assignment as well!
- As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 Rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Brilliant Portkeys will glow purple on the Map. This should be alleviated by the additional slots for Portkeys and Adventure Sync, but we’re interested to hear feedback if you experience anything to the contrary!
- To complete the “Use X Potion 2 Times” step quickly, make sure to brew Baruffio’s Brain Elixir or Tonic for Trace Detection before the event begins if your supplies are running low. This will save you valuable time when it comes to brewing them later since they take 12 hours and 7 hours, respectively.
- If you’ve having trouble finding Brilliant Traces, avoid flagged areas. They are less likely to spawn in those areas.
- To collect the Brilliant Photograph of Dougal McGregor, you need to do Wizarding Challenges (Fortress battles) with a Brilliant Runestone. Try Fortress Chambers Ruins I to Tower II to collect these Fragments.
- If you need to complete the event quickly, or you only have a short time to work on it, try playing at a sponsored Simon Mall. Inns, Fortresses, and spawns are all plentiful.
- Save your Scrolls and your Restricted Section Books until the end of the event. Then use our guide to spend them wisely! That said, many Aurors and Magizoologists have already earned all the necessary Restricted Section Books, and some Professors are getting close.
Are you excited in another Brilliant Event? Overwhelmed by the constant stream of events this month? Let us know by joining us on our social platforms and hop in on the conversation!