Harry Potter: Wizards Unite has another Brilliant Event for us! It’s time to prepare for the second week of the Christmas Calamity Brilliant Event!
Below is a complete guide for the event, as well as a few tips and tricks you can use to get through the event faster than a Quidditch player on a Firebolt!
Into videos? Here’s my overview of this guide with some bonus commentary!
Guide to Week 2 of Christmas Calamity Brilliant Event!
Brilliant Event Overview
|Event Name Christmas Calamity Brilliant Event (Week 2)|
|Date + Time
Brilliant Event Tasks
As usual, these tasks all come straight from Fazes, so they should be accurate, unless the HPWU developers make last-minute changes!
Like the previous Brilliant Events, the quest line is split into four sections. You have to complete each section before progressing to the next one. Once you finish the regular quests, you can move onto the Bonus Assignment.
Brilliant Portkeys will go to the Three Broomsticks! While you’re stopping in for a few, make sure to have a butterbeer and warm up by the fire. Madam Rosmerta might also have a delicious mead for those of age! Aging Potions won’t work, Mr. and Mr. Weasley…
Christmas Calamity Quest 1/4
Much like the Yule Ball invitations from the first week of this Brilliant Event, Baubles will be dropping as rewards when visiting Inns. They may or may not be guaranteed, so there is a good chance you will need to visit more Inns than the minimum requirement.
|Collect 5 Baubles from Inns||2 Restricted Section Books|
|Complete 10 Traces||10 Brilliant Family XP|
|Collect 5 Gifts||20 Brilliant Family XP|
1st Quest Rewards
- 500 Wizarding XP
- 1 Restricted Section book
- Chilled Pumpkin Juice Brilliant Registry Sticker
- 1 Silver Key (!!!)
- 20 Brilliant Family XP
Christmas Calamity Quest 2/4
Here’s a cool twist on collecting Baubles! Instead of using a Registry Exploration Family (like releasing Foundables from Gnome Confoundables like in the first week of this event) using Ebublio will reward you with the Baubles you need to keep dancing through the Christmas Calamity.
In regards to Portkeys, I plan on stocking up with extra Community Day Portkeys since they’ll be rewarding rare Foundables and only have a 1km requirement. Opening loads of Portkeys can be time consuming and really slow down progress in the quest, so strategic planning is the way to go!
|Collect 5 Baubles by casting Ebublio||15 Brilliant Family XP|
|Open 4 Portkeys||300 Wizarding XP|
|Send 5 Gifts||20 Brilliant Family XP|
2nd Quest Rewards
- 25 Brilliant Family XP
- 3 Restricted Section Books
- Yule Ball Christmas Trees Portrait Frame
- Christmas Cracker Brilliant Registry Sticker
- 1 Strong Exstimulo Potion
Christmas Calamity Quest 3/4
The Brilliant Foundables themselves often range from Medium to Severe, so there’s a good chance you’ll be able to release 5 High Threats fairly quickly. If you’re having trouble finding them, drop a few Dark Detectors in an Inn and watch the spawns come! Since you have to use 2 Dark Detectors anyway, it’s a win/win! (Dark Detectors are actually good now I promise!)
|Brew 5 Potions||500 Wizarding XP|
|Return 5 High-Threat Foundables||500 Wizarding XP|
|Use 2 Dark Detectors||15 Brilliant Family XP|
3rd Quest Rewards
- 25 Brilliant Family XP
- 3 Restricted Section Books
- Metallic Violins Animated Portrait Sticker
- Ice Sculpture Portrait Sticker
- 3 Unicorn Hair Ingredients
Christmas Calamity Quest 4/4
Seven Potions?! SEVEN. I don’t particularly like time-gating mechanics but fortunately there is a #prostrat you can use to get through this before the event starts! Details about that are below in the tips and tricks section.
|Collect 15 Baubles by casting Ebublio||25 Brilliant Family XP|
|Brew 7 Potions||750 Wizarding XP|
|Collect 20 Fragments||25 Brilliant Family XP|
4th Quest Rewards
- Winter Ice Arches Portrait Frame
- 50 Gold
- 6 Restricted Section Books
- Snowy Christmas Tree Brilliant Registry Sticker
- 2 Spell Books
Christmas Calamity BONUS Assignment!
If you complete the Brilliant Event quests early, then you unlock the Bonus Assignment.
To find High-Threat Foundables, stack 3 Dark Detectors on a single Inn, preferably a sponsored Inn. Also use a Tonic for Trace Detection Potion. You can also look for Oddities at Dusk or Dawn. Vampires, Werewolves, and Erklings are all High-Threat Foundables.
Brilliant Foundables will also count as High Foundables for this task.
|Collect 30 Baubles from Brilliant Traces||3 Red Spell Books|
|Defeat 30 Fortress Foes||Bonus Assignment badge|
|Send 10 Gifts||Yule Ball Fancy Hat Style 2 Portrait Lens|
- 2000 Wizarding XP
- 100 Brilliant Family XP
Brilliant Foundables and Where to Find Them
Just like previous Brilliant Events, you will only be able to encounter some of these Brilliant Foundables in the wild. The others can be found through Fortress Challenges, special 3k Portkeys, and event tasks.
|Brilliant||Where to find it||Fragments to collect|
|Brilliant Harry and Parvati||Wild Encounter||10|
|Brilliant Fred and Angelina||Wild Encounter||10|
|Brilliant Chilled Pumpkin Juice||Event Tasks||1|
|Brilliant Christmas Cracker||Event Tasks||1|
|Brilliant Snowy Christmas Tree||Event Tasks||1|
|Brilliant Haughty Draco Malfoy||Wizarding Challenges (need a Brilliant Runestone)||3|
Brilliant Hufflepuff Silver Gargoyle
|Brilliant Portkey Portmanteau||5|
Tips to Complete the Brilliant Event
- If you choose to use the Community Day Portkeys that drop Care of Magical Creatures Foundables (like I plan to do) then you won’t be rushed to walk 15km in total to get all 5 of the Silver Gargoyle Foundable. Brilliant Portkeys will glow purple on the Map. Do not pick up any more than you need!
- To brew Potions quickly, you can brew them in advance. Since you have to brew 12 total Potions this time around, I recommend using a rental cauldron if you have the extra Gold! For example, a day before the event I’ll brew 4 Exstimulo Potions in the regular cauldron THEN I’ll rent a cauldron and brew 4 more!
- If you’ve having trouble finding Brilliant Traces, avoid flagged areas. They are less likely to spawn in those areas.
- If you need to complete the event quickly, or you only have a short time to work on it, visit a sponsored Simon Mall if at all possible. Inns, Fortresses, and spawns are all plentiful.
- Save your Scrolls and your Restricted Section Books until the end of the event. Then use our guide to spend them wisely!
- When working on the Bonus Assignment, running through Ruins Chamber I will likely get monotonous. Try going through Tower Chambers I, II, or III to get those rare Fortress Foundables! They aren’t guaranteed, but have a much higher chance of dropping from those particular Fortress Chambers!
Christmas Calamity Bundles
All Wizards Unite players will receive a free gift with two Potent Exstimulo Potions and 25 Spell Energy. You also have the option of purchasing gift packs in Diagon Alley! Here is the info for those store packs:
|Tonic for Trace Detection (2)|
|Potent Exstimulo Potions (2) Total Cost: 450 Gold|
|Dark Detector (1)|
|Tonic for Trace Detection (5)|
|Potent Exstimulo Potions (5) Total Cost: 1000 Gold|
|Dark Detector (1)|
Bonus Assignment Bundle:
|Tonic for Trace Detection (10)|
|Strong Exstimulo Potions (10)|
|Potent Exstimulo Potions (25) Total Cost: 1750 Gold|
|Healing Potion (15)|
Thanks to Orange Wizard for creating these infographics. You can find all the paid bundles here!
Are you excited for the upcoming Brilliant Event? What do you think of the Bonus Assignment? Leave a comment below!
P.S. Need a new external battery pack to get you through another week of playing Wizards Unite? Brita has written a guide of top-rated power banks over on my own blog!