Hey, witches and wizards, did you miss the first-ever Brilliant Event in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite?
Then you’re in luck! The Brilliant Event Flora and Fauna is returning to Wizards Unite, with all-new Brilliant Foundables AND the opportunity to earn the original Brilliant Foundables! This is exciting for everyone who loves the artwork of the Brilliant Flora and Fauna, but it’s especially exciting for new players who want to complete their Brilliant Registries.
No word yet if other past events will return, but at least this Brilliant Event demonstrates one way to bring back past Brilliant Foundables.
Brilliant Event: Fantastic Flora and Fauna Part 2 Overview
As always, I’ve covered everything in a video as well. Otherwise, keep reading for the Brilliant Event details!
When you successfully return a Brilliant Unicorn Foundable or a Brilliant Buckbeak Foundable, you will also collect fragments for the following Brilliant Foundables:
• Brilliant Young Acromantula
• Brilliant Snargaluff
• Brilliant Scorched Tree Stump
• Brilliant Salamander
These were the Brilliant Foundables in the original Fantastic Flora and Fauna Brilliant Event back in 2019.
Note: These bonus Foundable fragments will only appear as rewards until you receive enough fragments to place the sticker for that specific Foundable. After that time, fragments of that Foundable will no longer appear.
Edit 7/28/2020: It seems as though you can keep earning at least some of the Brilliant fragments for now, even if you don’t need them to place the sticker.
|Date + Time
|All Possible Rewards
Brilliant Event Tasks
These Brilliant Event tasks are a bit more fun than usual! We haven’t seen tasks related to specific Confoundables in awhile. You will need to keep your eye out for two specific types of Foundables blocked by Confoundables:
- Foundables guarded by Fire-breathing Chickens
- Foundables guarded by Fire
Orange Wizard has provided this infographic as a quick guide to these particular Foundables and the spells you need to cast.
Flora and Fauna Quest 1/4
Brew your Tonic for Trace Detection in advance to finish these tasks quickly. Unfortunately the awards aren’t that great.
|Collect Ingredients or Portmanteaus 2 Times||1 Wormwood|
|Brew 1 Tonic for Trace Detection||1 Armadillo Bile|
|Return 5 Foundables guarded by Fire-breathing Chickens||1 Invigoration Draught|
1st Quest Rewards
- 550 Wizarding XP
- 2 Restricted Section Books
- 50 Brilliant Family XP
- Brilliant Dragonhide Gloves Registry Image
- 10 Spell Energy
Flora and Fauna Quest 2/4
If you’re anything like me, you’re currently using a lot of Tonics for Trace Detection to grind those Field Guides! This is a straightforward set of tasks, although it will take some grinding in Fortresses to defeat 15 Foes.
|Use 1 Tonic for Trace Detection||1 Erumpent Horn|
|Collect 1 Fire Crab Fragments by using Brilliant Fantastic Flora & Fauna Runestones||1 Strong Exstimulo Potion|
|Defeat 15 Foes in Wizarding Challenges||1 Silver Key|
2nd Quest Rewards
- 750 Wizarding XP
- 75 Brilliant Family XP
- 3 Restricted Section Books
- 1 Brilliant Dragon Claw Registry Image
- 10 Spell Energy
Flora and Fauna Quest 3/4
As mentioned above, you cast Aguamenti against Fire Confoundables. To go through this task quickly, try to do Fair/Good spellcasts. You get credit for each time you cast Aguamenti, not for each Foundable you return. If you have good luck with the Foundable resisting without departing, you can complete this task fairly quickly!
|Collect Ingredients or Portmanteaus 5 Times from the Map||6 Snowdrop|
|Cast Aguamenti 15 times||1 Strong Invigoration Draught|
|Return 10 Brilliant Newt Scamander Foundables||1 Silver Key|
3rd Quest Rewards
- 1250 Wizarding XP
- 75 Brilliant Family XP
- 5 Restricted Section Books
- 10 Spell Energy
Flora and Fauna Quest 4/4
Earning 7500 Wizarding XP has never been easier now that you can unlock nodes in SOS Training that increase the effectiveness of Baruffio’s Brain Elixir! There are also nodes that increase your ability to earn Wizarding XP.
The second task refers to the new Brilliant Event Registry Page. To do this quickly, hold off from placing the Brilliant Dragon Claw Registry Image and the Brilliant Dragonhide Gloves Registry Image.
In the last Brilliant Event, I was surprised to get credit for “Complete 5 Wizarding Challenges with 3 or More Teammates” when only 3 players total were in the Wizarding Challenge. I don’t know if this was a fluke, or if the task just isn’t worded well.
|Earn 7500 Wizarding XP||1 Spell Book|
|Place 3 Images on Brilliant Forbidden Forest Pond Registry Page||1 Spell Book|
|Complete 5 Wizarding Challenges with 3 or More Teammates||1 Spell Book|
4th Quest Rewards
- 5 Restricted Section Books
- 50 Gold
- 1 Brilliant Ukranian Ironbelly Registry Image
- 30 Spell Energy
- 2 Defense Against the Dark Arts Books
Flora and Fauna BONUS Assignment!
The bonus tasks are just a straight grind. Pop on a Brain Elixir and a Trace Tonic. Grind grind grind until you finish the Bonus Assignment!
ALSO if you complete the entire Bonus Assignment, then you do NOT need to unlock 5 Brilliant Portkeys.
|Earn 10,000 Wizarding XP||1 Spell Book|
|Return 45 Brilliant Fantastic Flora & Fauna Foundables||1 Spell Book|
|Defeat Highest Chamber Unlocked||1 Spell Book|
|Return 20 Foundables Guarded by Fire-Breathing Chickens||1 Wit-sharpening Potion|
|Cast Aguamenti 20 times||1 Dawdle Draught|
Bonus Assignment Rewards
- 2000 Wizarding XP
- 100 Brilliant Family XP
- 1 Brilliant Achievement Badge
- 5 Brilliant Fire Seed Bush Registry Images
- 30 Spell Energy
- 3 Defense Against the Dark Arts Books
Brilliant Foundables and Where to Find Them
Just like previous Brilliant Events, you will only be able to encounter some of these Brilliant Foundables in the wild. The others are available as rewards for completing event tasks, doing Wizarding Challenges with Brilliant Runestones, and unlocking Brilliant Portkeys. Once again, you can also collect the Portkey Foundable by finishing the entire Bonus Assignment.
As mentioned above, you can also earn Foundable fragments by returning Brilliant Buckbeak, Brilliant Unicorn, and Brilliant Newt Scamander.
|Brilliant||Where to find it||Fragments to collect|
|Brilliant Newt Scamander||Wild Encounter||20|
|Brilliant Dragonhide Gloves||Event Tasks||1|
|Brilliant Dragon Claw||Event Tasks||1|
|Brilliant Ukranian Ironbelly||Event Tasks||1|
|Brilliant Fire Seed Bush||Brilliant Portkey Portmanteaus (OR the Bonus Assignment)||5|
|Brilliant Fire Crab||Wizarding Challenges with a Brilliant Runestone||3|
Tips to Complete the Brilliant Event
If this is your first Brilliant Event, these tips will help you complete the Brilliant Event before the time runs out. With careful planning, you can complete the Bonus Assignment as well!
- As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 Rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Brilliant Portkeys will glow purple on the Map. Be sure to collect 5 Portkeys during the Brilliant Event, even if you don’t open them all during the event.
- However, if you’re nervous about finding enough time to walk, you can also collect all 5 of the Portkey Brilliant Foundables by finishing the entire Bonus Assignment.
- To find the Brilliant Fire Crab, you must do Wizarding Challenges with the specific Brilliant Event Runestones. To minimize your Spell Energy, stick with the Ruins Chambers. It might take a few extra Wizarding Challenges to get the 3 Foundables you need, but you’ll be able to do so quickly, without expending too many resources.
- If you do a Wizarding Challenge with a Brilliant Event Fantastic Flora and Fauna Runestone AFTER this event ends, then you have a chance at getting the Brilliant Fire Crab OR the Brilliant Young Acromantula.
- If you decide to visit Inns, Fortresses, or Greenhouses during this event, continue to practice social distancing. Check out our previous article on staying safe while playing Wizards Unite.
- Save your Scrolls, your Spell Books, and your Restricted Section Books until the end of the event. Then use our guide to spend them wisely! That said, most Aurors and Magizoologists have already earned all the necessary Restricted Section Books, and many Professors have also done so. You will also earn Defense Against the Dark Arts Books. Spend those and your extra Restricted Section Books on SOS Training. We don’t have a specific guide for those yet, but the best SOS Training nodes really depend on your particular circumstances and playstyle.
Brilliant Event Bundles
There are 4 bundles total that will be available during this event. Be sure to snag the Free Bundle as soon as the event starts! The Bonus Bundle will not be available until the Bonus Assignment is unlocked, so keep that in mind. Shoutout to Orange Wizard for his handy infographic!
Let’s do math together to see if these bundles are a good deal. Feel free to check my math and correct me.
First up, the SOS Bundle! 5 Silver Keys and 100 Spell Energy.
By breaking down the individual cost of Silver Keys in Diagon Alley, they are worth 81.25 Gold each. 100 Spell Energy costs 200 Gold. Thus the total value is about 606 Gold, a savings of about 156 Gold. However, that’s only if you value discounted Spell Energy.
Next up, the Brilliant Bundle! 10 total Potions and 100 Spell Energy.
A single Baruffio’s Brain Elixir costs 100 Gold in Diagon Alley. However, if you just need to buy the rare Ingredients, it’s a better deal to spend 20 Gold for 1 Dragon Claw and 12 Gold for 2 Toadstools, use Master Notes in the Cauldron, and then collect the Potion immediately for 62 Gold. So let’s put the value of Brain Elixirs at 94 Gold.
Thus it costs 470 Gold to buy 5 Brain Elixirs.
A single Potent Exstimulo Potion in Diagon Alley costs 75 Gold. However, if you have all of the common Ingredients, it’s a better deal to buy 1 Unicorn Hair for 30 Gold, use Master Notes in the Cauldron, and then collect the Potion immediately for 41 Gold. So let’s put the value of Potent Exstimulo Potions at 71 Gold.
Thus it costs 355 Gold to buy 5 Potent Potions.
Without Spell Energy, the value of the Brilliant Bundle is 825 Gold, a savings of 75 Gold. With Spell Energy, the value is 1025 Gold, a significant savings.
Finally, the Bonus Assignment Bundle! Lots of Potions here, plus 150 Spell Energy.
Using the same logic as above, 10 Brain Elixirs cost 940 Gold and 15 Potent Potions cost 1065 Gold.
By breaking down the individual cost of Tonic for Trace Detection when purchasing a 4-pack, the value is 55 Gold per Tonic. Thus 10 Tonics are worth 550 Gold.
The value of these Potions alone is 2555 Gold, a savings of 455 Gold. That’s not counting the 150 Spell Energy, which would cost 300 Gold in the store. This is one of the best bundles offered in awhile, especially if you struggle to find the rare Ingredients needed to brew these Potions.
Are you excited for this Brilliant Event? What do you think of the tasks, rewards, bundles, and more? How do you feel about bringing back old Brilliant Foundables? Would you like the ability to earn other past Brilliant Foundable Fragments in future events?
I’m always interested to hear your thoughts! Connect with me and the rest of the WizHub team here in the comments or on our social media platforms.