The next Brilliant Event starts Tuesday at 11am Pacific Time. This is another opportunity to earn Restricted Section Books!
Back to Hogwarts Brilliant Event is another two-week event. This guide focuses on the second week, August 27th to September 3rd.
If you’re avoiding spoilers, then visit the official Harry Potter: Wizards Unite website to read their brief article. Otherwise, keep reading to see the new Brilliant Foundables and discover the Brilliant Event tasks!
Guide to Week 2 of Back to Hogwarts Brilliant Event!
This guide will cover all the tasks you need to do to complete the second week of Back to Hogwarts Brilliant Event. You’ll also find tips and tricks to get through the event!
Brilliant Event Overview
Back to Hogwarts Brilliant Event (Week 2)
|Date + Time
I’ve also put together a video covering all of the event tasks if you’d prefer to watch that!
Brilliant Event Tasks
These are all the likely tasks for the second week of Back to Hogwarts. However, they might change between when this article is published and when the event begins. I will update this article as necessary.
Like the previous Brilliant Events, the quest line is split into four sections. You have to complete each section before progressing to the next one.
Back to Hogwarts Task 1/4
The first section is easy to complete. These are all tasks that you do daily for rewards.
|Dine at Inns 3 times||10 Brilliant Family XP|
|Pick Up 2 Ingredients or Portmanteaus on the Map||10 Brilliant Family XP|
|Return 1 Hogwarts School Family Foundable||10 Brilliant Family XP|
Section 1 Rewards:
- 500 XP
- 10 Brilliant Family XP
- 1 Restricted Section Book
- 1 Hogwarts Gates Frame
Back to Hogwarts Task 2/4
The second section is again fairly simple. Brew a few quick Healing Potions or Exstimulo Potions!
|Recover 2 Brilliant Sorting Hat Foundable Fragments||300 XP|
|Brew 3 Potions||15 Brilliant Family XP|
|Return 10 Foundables of any Family||15 Brilliant Family XP|
Section 2 Rewards:
- 2 Potent Exstiumlo Potions
- 2 Restricted Section Books
- 25 Brilliant Family XP
- 1 Hogwarts Hogsmeade Sign Sticker
- 1 Winged Boar Statue Fragment
Back to Hogwarts Task 3/4
The third section is a bit of a challenge, especially if you live in a rural area without many Traces. You might need to use Dark Detectors to complete these tasks.
|Return 1 High Threat Foundable||500 XP|
|Return 5 Medium Threat Foundables||500 XP|
|Use 2 Potions||15 Brilliant Family XP|
Section 3 Rewards:
- 25 Brilliant Family XP
- 3 Restricted Section Books
- 1 Hogwarts Carriage Sticker
- 1 Carriage Fragment
Back to Hogwarts Task 4/4
In my opinion, the fourth section isn’t as difficult as the third since these tasks completely depend upon your own effort in the game.
|Unlock 4 Portkey Portmanteaus||750 XP|
|Brew 6 Potions||10 Brilliant Family XP|
|Defeat 10 Foes in Wizarding Challenges||15 Brilliant Family XP|
Section 4 Rewards:
- 9 Restricted Section Books
- 50 Coins
- 1 Hogwarts Conductor Hat Lens
- 1 Sorting Hat on a Stool Sticker
- 1 Thestral Fragment
Brilliant Foundables and Where to Find Them
Similar to the previous Brilliant Events, you will only be able to encounter some of these Brilliant Foundables in the wild. The others can be found through Fortress Challenges, special 3k Portkeys, and event tasks.
|Brilliant||Where to find it||Fragments to collect|
|Brilliant Sorting Hat||Wild Encounter||12|
|Brilliant Hogsmeade Sign||3k Brilliant Portkeys||5|
|Brilliant Winged Boar Statue||Event Tasks||1|
|Brilliant Carriage||Event Tasks||1|
|Brilliant Hogwarts Boat||Wizarding Challenges (need a Brilliant Runestone)||3|
|Brilliant Thestral||Event Tasks||1|
Tips to Complete the Brilliant Event
This is the second Brilliant Event with two weeks. If you didn’t finish Back to Hogwarts Week One, you still have the opportunity to complete your Registry.
In addition to the Brilliant Sorting Hat Foundables, the Brilliant Hogwarts Student Foundables will still appear as Traces on your Map. Any 3k Portkeys you picked up during the first week will still give Brilliant Luggage Trolley Fragments. If you didn’t get all of your Brilliant Trolley Witch Fragments, save a few Brilliant Runestones for after the second week is over. Then when you complete Wizarding Challenges, you’ll have a chance at earning a Brilliant Trolley Witch or a Brilliant Hogwarts Boat.
If you’ve struggled in the past to complete the Brilliant Events in time, these tips will help.
- Keep your Ingredients stocked so you can easily brew Potions in the last section. Choose 2-hour Potions to complete this task more quickly.
- Save 2k Portmanteaus to open at the end. Again, this will speed up the completion of the overall event.
- If you’re having trouble finding High Threat Foundables, use Dark Detectors on Inns.
- Another way to find High Threat Foundables is play around dusk. Erklings and Vampires both count!
- If you’re having trouble finding Medium Threat Foundables, visit an area with a Family Flag. Any Foundable that is NOT from that Foundable Family will be at least a Medium Threat!
- That said, if you’re trying to find Brilliant Foundables or specific Family Foundables, do not play in an area with a Family Flag. Traces will be more diverse in an area not marked by a Flag.
- 3k Portmanteaus can still be opened after the Brilliant Event ends. The reward is based on if you picked it up during Week One or Week Two.
- Save your Scrolls and your Restricted Section Books until the end of the event. Then use our guide to spend them wisely!
- If you’re attending Wizards Unite Fan Festival, do your best to complete this event beforehand! There will be so much going on during the festival that you don’t want to worry about working on the Brilliant Event.
What tips do you have for finishing this Brilliant Event in time?
P.S. Need a new external battery pack to get you through a week of playing Wizards Unite? I’ve written a guide of top-rated power banks over on my own blog!