First of all, wishing all of you witches and wizards a happy and prosperous year ahead. This is the first of a two-part series of the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite changes the community longs to see in the game! We are going to cover the most awaited ones in this article.
Wizards Unite have been around for some time now, and many of us enjoy playing the game on a regular basis, yet we wish that there were more features than what we have right now. A new decade is a chance for a new start in many ways, including the opportunity to add new features to Wizards Unite!
Wizards Unite Changes Players Want to See
Let’s have a look at the new Wizards Unite changes most desired by the Wizards Unite community, game updates that could enter the game in the first year of the new decade. The article is a compilation of the features that interest me as well as various other players. I would love to hear your opinion on the article as well as any feature that you want to be included in the game.
Just like it is Pokémon GO, Adventure Sync should be introduced in Wizards Unite too. It could do a ton of good as in the case of Pokémon GO. Ever since the introduction of Adventure Sync in PoGO, we have been able to get through eggs pretty quickly, and we all would love to see that happen with Portkeys too. Automatic unlocking of the Portkeys and rewards for covering a specific distance each week could really help out! Many of us really want this feature, as the playing time on one app could be beneficial on the other, i.e, maybe we could use the game time and movements of one to unlock distanced reward on the other.
Nearby Foundables index
Give us a way to find specific Foundables to return. If I want to find Newt Scamander, there’s nothing I can do except roam around endlessly. I don’t care if it’s hard and takes a long time (honestly it should, especially if it’s emergency), but I want to feel like I’m working towards it rather than just hoping to bump into him eventually. So a mechanism that could at least tell us which Foundables are nearby could be a huge progress in the right direction.
Bonus challenges after completing the main events
Bonus Challenges after the main event brings a new fresh look into the gaming dynamics. It gives us a breath of fresh air as well as a good reason to grind! A way to spice things up is to provide rare and exclusive rewards when a player reaches a certain level after completing the events’ registry, but at the cost of increasing difficulty
Increasing the game mode to unlock more of the story mode
We had a bit of a dull level of storytelling last year, and this year, we wish it could improve. Giving a new story mode or story quest could bring in a bit more fun to the game. If we could get events that could actually re-enact the iconic scenes of the original series, it could be the icing on the cake.
Wizards Unite Gameplay changes
- We all would like to see individual players have a bit more control over how their game experiences as it progresses. Increased relevance of spell casting levels is an obvious opportunity here. Maybe the ability to swap a spell could really be beneficial to the community
- More high-end content would be nice as well. New lesson plans for those of us who have finished, new Fortress levels, Foes, etc. All these could bring a refreshing change to the top-level players, instead of always indulging in a mindless grind.
- New lesson plans are clearly NUMBER ONE requirement right now. There are too many players now sitting here stacking up Spell Books (and Restricted Section Books too if you’re an Auror or Magizoologist) with no idea if we will ever even need them for our primary profession. That needs to be sorted out as soon as possible, and it’s frustrating that there hasn’t even been any communication about what might be coming
- Dark Detectors should always last longer on Community Day to help bring people together instead of encouraging the parking lot hop!
- A better way to update the last seen of friends. We need a system which indicates how long it’s been since a friend last played so that we can know if they are having a busy job schedule, or if they are taking a break from the game altogether. We would like to have the ability to know which Gifts each friend requires. The skill to delete Gifts would be another great suggestion.
- Having the ability to know which Portkey is 2k, 5k or 10k before actually picking it up and then being able to delete them from the Vault. Most of us don’t want to grind hard, just to unlock a few 2k Portkeys. We seek the glow of the 10ks!
- Adding a new Foe like the Basilisk every once in a while is a crowd-pleasing suggestion as well. Showing the health/strength of Foes in a Fortress before clicking on them could help out. Change the choosing of Potions in Wizarding Challenges, so we don’t need to scroll through them.
An in-app chat
It can help players meet others who are willing to work together on a Fortress or help each with Dark Detectors. It would also help people meet up during a Community Day. It could pave the way for more socializing and expand the mission of Niantic.
New tasks/rewards in Daily Assignments
Improve the Daily Assignments. Add random tasks that give us more goals to accomplish on a daily basis so there’s more reason to play. Change up the rewards since players really don’t need more Scrolls. New tasks and rewards would add some mini-games and diversions.
Option to exchange unused items for a similar item
The option to exchange Scrolls for Spell Books or Restricted Section Books is desperately wanted. It’s a tough grind to collect all the Spell Books to complete a Lesson Plan, especially for players who don’t live near a Fortress. With so many Scrolls as rewards, the disparity between Scrolls, Spell Books, and Restricted Section Books is very noticeable.
Final thoughts on Wizards Unite changes
Hopefully, we could see quite a few of these changes in Wizards Unite come in right away, and I expect some of the updates to come in over the course of the year. The crowd is yearning for these features to be included in-game, and hopefully, Niantic and Portkey Games can grant our wishes! Check out the next part of the series, to know what else the crowd desires!
Join the Wizards Unite Hub community!