Professions in Wizards Unite are class-like systems that define your overall role and game play style. Professions unlock at Level 6. There are three available professions each having their own unique perks and expansive skill trees: Auror, Professor and Magizoologist. Players can freely switch between professions and progress each separately from the other. Check out our Choosing a Profession in Wizards Unite article.
Auror is a combat focused profession that specializes in dealing with dark wizards, spell casting and dealing straight out damage. Aurors are lead by the legendary Harry Potter. The official in-game description states that Aurors are combat veterans who defeat Foes by Combining their innate leadership with a litany of debilitating spells. Aurors are most effective against Dark Forces.
Magizoologist is a support oriented profession that specializes in providing buffs, dealing with magical beasts and similar affair. Magizoologists are lead by Hagrid. The official in-game description states that Magizoologists focus on healing and helping their Teammates. Magizoologists are most effective against Beasts.
Professor is a balanced profession, adept at dealing damage and providing various utility effects. Professors are lead by Professor McGonagall and use their deep magical knowledge to debilitate Foes while also supporting their Teammates. Professors are most effective against Curiosities.
Each profession features a skill tree that can be progressed separately from the other profession. The further you progress down a tree, the more powerful abilities you unlock. In order to level up your profession’s skill tree you need Spell Books which can be earned from encounters, leveling up and completing other in-game challenges.
In Wizards Unite, there are 3 different types of Foes (Dark Forces, Beasts, and Curiosities). Each profession is strong, neutral and weak versus one type of Foe. Because of the «rock-paper-scissors» like nature of Proficiency buffs, no single profession is strong in all circumstances.
- Auror: +Dark Forces, -Beasts
- Magizoologists: +Beasts, -Curiosities
- Professors: +Curiosities, -Dark Forces
Tips & Tricks
- You can switch professions, but the Spell Books you invested in skills are not refunded. They will remain in the old Profession Tree and will not be usable as you can only have one «active» profession at a time.
- Randomly spending books / pages inside a Skill Tree is not recommended, as you’ll end up in a «jack of all trades, master of none» situation and you will make it very difficult to reach the more powerful Lessons at the bottom of the tree
- Players can freely switch between professions and it is highly advised to do so in Fortresses. Fortresses require multifaceted teams to complete and it’s not expected that you will be able to complete them with a single Profession team.
A few notes about skill tree nodes in Wizards Unite:
- Some nodes provide passive buffs, while others can unlock completely new abilities.
- Some nodes can be upgraded more times than once, at an increasing Book cost
- You don’t have to unlock all nodes in order to get to the bottom of the skill tree, which is quite useful when progressing
Credits for Tips & Tricks: Ratty-fish