Harry Potter: Wizards Unite added in Restricted Sections Books (aka RSBs or green books) near the end of the beta test and lowered Scroll and Spell Book requirements for the professions. However, Restricted Section Books are ONLY available during Brilliant Events, which are week-long events with quests. Players go through the quests to earn up to 15 RSBs.
The first Brilliant event was July 3rd – 10th. The second and third are July 16th – July 23rd and July 30th – August 6th. Each Brilliant event gives a maximum 15 RSBs and the new ones are said to give “separate full rewards.”
View full-sized examples of the Profession Skill Trees at the end of this article.
What should I do with my 45 Restricted Section Books as an Auror?
Aurors only have 10 lessons that need Restricted Section Books. Three are at the bottom and have a hefty scroll cost to even reach. The Bat-Bogey Hex is not worth 4 RSBs and neither is 10% Defense (situational) at 15 RSBs.
Aurors should get:
- Weakness Hex #2 and #3 for a total of -50% Power for 20 RSBs
- Confusion Hex #2 and #3 for a total of -50% for 12 RSBs (1 RSB short of completing #3)
- Dancing with Dummies: 35% Precision when the Foe has 100% Stamina (works after the Foe attacks first) for 15 RSBs. Although this skill is currently not working as intended, it is still valuable. Also, its value goes up as the Auror gets more Precision.
Though with 45 RSBs, it is 7 short of maxing these out. Weakness would mean -40% Power instead of -50% and Confusion would mean -40% instead of -60%. For Confusion, it only matters if the Foe is Fierce, a 5-star difficulty. Personally, I would just not get one of each.
With more Restricted Section Books, Aurors can finish Confusion and choose what to get next, all of the leftover RSB lessons are very situational – user’s choice.
What should I do with my 45 Restricted Section Books as a Magizoologist?
Magizoologists mainly want Become the Beast for Power along with Revive and Stamina Charm for group play. Similar to Aurors, all of these lessons cost 51 RSBs, so some of the RSB lessons will need to wait for later.
Magizoologists should get:
- Luna’s Stamina Charm: 5% Stamina heal for 4 RSBs
- Become the Beast: +40 Power when 5+ Focus for 15 RSBs
- Stamina Charm #3: 10% Stamina heal for 8 RSBs
- Revive Charm #2: +30% Heal on revive for 12 RSBs
- Bravery Charm #2: +90% Power vs Elite Foes for 12 RSBs
Magizoologists can get Luna’s Stamina Charm, 2 Initial Focus, then Become the Beast for a total of 19 RSB’s. To maximize Become the Beast, go straight for the third Stamina Charm on the 3rd to last row then get ‘Trouble with Truckles’ for a total of 5 Initial Focus.
The Revive Charm and Bravery Charm are used for group fortress play. The Bravery Charm can be used solo, but it costs 7 Focus to cast, which might work against Become the Beast. Though, it gives +150% Power vs. Elite Foes, which is insanely powerful and can be used with a Wit-Sharpening Potion for a total of +200% Power extra. Think of your damage and multiply it by 3 against Elite Foes, which have almost double the Stamina of non-Elites. Going for the second Bravery Charm costs a lot of scrolls (122) for just the 4 prerequisite lessons (1 of each), so it is a good alternative to finish the Stamina and Revive Charms first.
What should I do with my 45 Restricted Section Books as a Professor?
Professors have the highest RSB requirements at 223, so they have to use them well. Deterioration Hex alone takes 28 RSBs (8+12+8) leaving on 17 RSBs left.
Professors should get:
- Deterioration Hex #2: -10 Stamina for 8 RSBs
- Deterioration Hex #3: -15 Stamina for 12 RSBs
- Deterioration Hex #4: -10 Stamina for 8 RSBs
- Confidence: 6% Defense w/ 1 Enchantment for 15 RSBs (Unlocks 2 Initial Focus)
- Protection Charm #2: 15% Defense for 12 RSBs
- Protection Charm #3: 15% Defense for 16 RSBs
- Proficiency Charm #2: 15% Team Proficiency Power for 12 RSBs (Unlocks PP)
Convenience Build: Finish off the Deterioration Hex (28 RSBs). Confidence unlocks 2 Initial Focus, which lets Professors start with 4 Focus and not have to use an Invigoration Draught.
General Build: Finish off the Deterioration Hex (28 RSB’s), get Protection Charm #2 (12 RSBs), and Proficiency Charm #2 (4 RSBs). Getting one skill into the Proficiency Charm unlocks the 77% Proficiency Power below it, which helps add a lot of damage against Werewolves and Pixies. I wouldn’t recommend getting any more than one lesson unless you plan on grouping and using Proficiency a lot.
Profession Skill Trees – Focusing on Restricted Section Books
Numbers: Left (Spell Books) – Center (Scrolls) – Right (Restricted Section Books)
Green = Lessons that require Restricted Section Books
Yellow = Prerequisites to Lessons that require Restricted Section Books