Attention Witches and Wizards, Niantic, Inc. has teamed up with the Games and Gaming Round Table (GameRT) of the American Library Association for International Games Week at Libraries which is taking place from November 3rd to November 9th.
The Games and Gaming Round Table (GameRT) was founded in 2011 to provide a path for librarians interested in bringing games and gaming into their facilities. They describe their mission on their website as:
- A forum for the exchange of ideas and concerns surrounding games in libraries;
- Resources to the library community to support the building and maintaining of library game collections;
- A force for initiating and supporting game programming in libraries;
- Create an awareness of, and need for, the support of the value of gaming and play in libraries, schools, and related learning communities;
- Create an awareness of the value of games and gaming in library outreach and community engagement plans;
- A professional and social forum for networking among librarians and non-librarians interested in games and gaming.
Niantic, Inc. and the Games and Gaming Round Table will bring International Games Week at Libraries to Harry Potter: Wizards Unite by encouraging players around the world to visit their local libraries where they may encounter the following Foundables with increased frequency:
- Luna Lovegood
- Neville Longbottom
- Hermione Granger
- Pomona Sprout
- Filius Flitwick
- Ronald Weasley
- Quidditch Tryouts Seamus Finnegan
Most libraries should see increased spawn rates for the aforementioned Foundables. Locations listed as libraries on OpenStreetMaps usually appear as Hogwarts School family landmarks/flagged areas in your Harry Potter: Wizards Unite game.
The event will run in-game from Sunday, 11/3 at 8am local time until Saturday, 11/9 at 5pm local time.
Niantic, Inc. and the American Library Association encourage you to grab your friends and family and head to your nearest library to help return Foundables and combat the Calamity! Tag Harry Potter: Wizards Unite social media with your pictures and posts using the hashtag #WizardsUnite on the official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages.
Click here for a map to find your nearest IGW library hosting events during International Games Week at Libraries!