As I initially reported last month, the first-ever Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Fan Festival is coming at the end of August in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. We now know a lot more details, including tickets and DRAGONS!
The first wave of tickets went out Monday. Thanks to my friend James, I have a Saturday early access ticket! I am so excited to attend this magical event with my friends in the Wizards Unite community. If you’re there, don’t be shy! I’ll be the short woman wearing a pink t-shirt and red glasses. Come say hi!
Also, start practicing how to pronounce my name. bree-tuh
Anyway, enough about me! Let’s talk about everything you need to know about the Wizards Unite Fan Festival in Indy!
Wizards Unite Fan Festival General Information
Before we dive into the fun details, let’s discuss the facts. Find out all the basic details about the Wizards Unite Fan Festival.
What: Wizards Unite Fan Festival
Where: White River State Park, Indianapolis, IN
When: August 31st and September 1st
You can sign up for the ticket lottery in the game. Navigate to your suitcase. In the top right corner, there’s a new icon for events. Click on it and follow the prompts.
The first wave of ticket invitations went out on Monday. Each person who received a ticket invitation has the option to buy up to four tickets total. You can buy tickets for other people if they are your friends in the game.
There will most likely be another wave of ticket invitations very soon. It’s not too late to sign up for the lottery!
You can only buy a ticket for Saturday OR Sunday. You cannot attend both days. For each of those days, there are two ticket options. General access costs $30. Early access costs $40. If you’re buying more than one ticket, your entire party has to buy the same day and time.
Wizards Unite has partnered with local Indianapolis hotels to offer discounted rates for event attendees. You can also search for an Airbnb–I’m sharing a house with several WUtubers! Check out my referral link for a discount.
White River State Park
White River State Park features over 250 acres of green spaces, trails, trees, and waterways in downtown Indianapolis. Wizards Unite Fan Festival will have two main entrances:
- The NORTH entrance area is located at Military Park (735 West New York Street Indianapolis, IN 46202)
- The SOUTH entrance area is located at the Concert Lawn of White River State Park (801 W Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46204)
You choose one of these entrances when buy your tickets. You still have access to the full event in the park, but separate entrances help with crowd control.
If you stay at a partner hotel, you’ll be within walking distance of White River State Park. However, if you’re coming in just for the day, or you’ve booked a hotel outside of downtown, here’s how to get to the event.
- The closest parking garage is located underneath the Indiana State Museum at 650 W Washington Street
- Check out this comprehensive Parking Map that includes a detailed map of downtown parking
- Parking Meters can be found through ParkIndy
- Reserve Parking can be found through ParkWhiz
- The White River State Park’s underground parking garage (enter off of Washington St.) offers accessible parking. The underground garage also features direct access to the Canal Walk and elevators that will take visitors to the park grounds.
- The Canal Walk, Washington Street Bridge, and Canal Promenade (behind the Indianapolis Zoo) accessibly connect all points in the park for those who can travel longer distances.
- This website offers more information about accessibility and a list of ADA accessible locations and experiences in Indianapolis please visit.
- American Sign Language (ALS) Interpreters:
- Indy Translation: 800.695.8772
- Luna Language Services: 317.341.4137
- LTC Language Solutions: 888.456.1626
- Take the IndyGo Bus to the Military Park bus stop
- Drop off locations are at the NORTH entrance at Military Park (735 West New York Street) or the SOUTH entrance at White River State Park (801 W Washington St).
The magical world is for all witches and wizards! Wizards Unite Fan Fest is prepared for people with different abilities and medical conditions.
- Accessible entrances
- Accessible restrooms
- Power outlet for recharging powered mobility devices
- Service animals welcome
- Food vendors that provide special dietary options
There will also be a Medical Tent on site.
A patron requiring insulin is allowed to bring their medically necessary materials and medications provided all medicine has a prescription label with the patron’s name. For the safety of others, please dispose of medical waste and syringes in the proper disposal located at the medical tent.
Finally, if you’re a nursing parent who desires privacy, there will be two Mamava Lactation Pods available.
Note: The event grounds are ADA accessible, but please be aware that this is a venue with distances between attractions. The length of the experience is 2.7 miles. Also, it is an outdoor event situated in a park and across city streets. Therefore, most travel is over natural terrain and terrain designed for motor vehicles. If it should rain, there will be mud in some places. Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Fan Festival does not provide personal care, golf cart rides, or push services of any kind or wheelchairs for rent or loan. Guests should make arrangements in advance if a wheelchair is needed and plan to bring attendants, if needed.
Wizards Unite Fan Festival Fun!
It’s time to contain the Calamity!
Calling all witches & wizards! An unprecedented outbreak of Calamity activity has befallen the wizarding world, causing artefacts, creatures, people, and even memories to mysteriously appear in the Muggle world. Report to Indianapolis and work together with fellow Statute of Secrecy Task Force members to help contain it and unlock special rewards.
DRAGONS ARE COMING!
Dragons will become a region-locked Oddity. Their first appearance in Wizards Unite will be at the Fan Festival.
The park will also most likely undergo some sort of magical transformation. The official website encourages guests to take photos with “iconic elements from the game.”
Wizards Unite Fan Festival FAQ
I’ve tried to think of all the questions I’ve seen asked about the Wizards Unite Fan Festival. If I haven’t answered your question below, please leave a comment or tweet at me.
I didn’t get a ticket. Can I play outside the park?
The special event programming will only be available in the game for players with a ticket to the Fan Festival. Even if you are just outside the park, you will not be able to see any of the special features in your game.
I bought a ticket, but now I can’t go. Can I give my ticket to a friend?
Ticket sales are final. Transfers are not permitted.
Can I leave the event and come back in?
Yes. On the day of your ticket, you may leave the park and re-enter.
Can I bring in my own food?
You can bring in prepared food and snacks, but you cannot prepare/cook food at the park. You can also bring empty reusable water bottles or SEALED water bottles. Alcohol is prohibited, and this policy prevents guests from sneaking in alcohol.
Can I buy food at the Fan Festival?
Yes! There will be food trucks and concession stands with food and beverages for sale.
What is prohibited from the event?
This is a long list, copied directly from the event website. In regards to the bans on recording equipment, you just can’t bring in professional stuff or accessories that could hurt other players.
- Cigarettes, E-Cigs or Vaping devices
- Aerosol containers (including sunscreen and personal beauty products)
- Any and all professional audio recording equipment
- Any and all professional video equipment
- Camera accessories, such as selfie sticks, tripods, monopods, GoPro mounts and attachments, or other commercial equipment
- Drones or any other remote flying device
- Totems, Flags, Banners
- Coolers of any kind (exceptions may be made for medical use)
- Framed backpacks
- Glass Containers
- Weapons or explosives of any kind (including firearms, pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc.)
- Illegal and Illicit substances of any kind
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Alcohol of any kind
- Professional-grade radios or walkie-talkies
- Pets (except for service animals)
- Skateboards, scooters, bicycles, wagons, carts (including red wagons) or any personal motorized vehicles
- Tents, canopies, or shade structures of any kind
- Preparation or cooking of food onsite
- Please do not affix anything to the trees or shrubs
- Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors are not allowed. No unauthorized solicitation and materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, giveaways, samples, etc.
- No chairs of any kind
Which of the WUtubers will be there?
Just as an FYI, at the moment, all of us attending are going on our own dime. We’ve bought our own plane tickets, paid for our own lodging, and helped each other get tickets through the lottery. So far we’ve all chosen to attend on Saturday, mostly with early access tickets.
This is probably not everyone, but I will update it once I know more.
If anyone ends up sponsored by Niantic/Warner Bros., I will also update with that information.
- Brita (me) and Dan of Witches Unite
- Matt of Animagus
- Dan of Go Shiny Hunter
- James of Wizards News
- Kelan of Wizard Tricks
- Mike and Britt of The Wizard’s Guide
- Lynette of Wizard Ph.D.
- Zoe of Snitches & Witches
- Kris of Wizard Way
- James and Sue of Xpecto GO
- Gitta Lovegood
- Cooper’s Charms
- David of Pocemon
- Michael of PokeFodder
Please, if you have anymore questions, ASK ME! I will do my best to respond on Twitter or to update this post with more information.
I can’t wait to see y’all at the first-ever Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Fan Festival!!!
Looking for more to do in Indianapolis? Check out our travel guide!
Need a power bank to get through a full day of playing Wizards Unite? Check out my guide to the top-rated external batteries at different price points.