Yesterday, Lola posted in the official forum that Harry Potter: Wizards Unite will end on January 31, 2021.
Even with my NDA, I only received the news shortly before the official announcement.
The past 24 hours or so have just been gut-wrenching for me as I have attempted to process this news. I know I am not alone in my feelings. I’ve already published a video with some of my initial thoughts. I will have more videos and personal reflections here in the next 3 months as we finish this game together.
For now, let’s go over what Wizards Unite will look like in its final 3 months.
Changes in Wizards Unite
In the official forum announcement, Lola shared some changes coming to Wizards Unite. These should already be implemented.
- All Daily Assignments will have their rewards increased
- All Potion Brew times will be reduced by 50% with Master Notes
- The daily cap on sending and opening Gifts will be removed
- Barrufio’s Brain Elixir will now award 3× Wizarding XP
- 1920s Portkey Portmanteaus will appear on the Map more frequently and associated Fragment rewards will be doubled (this is not in the game yet)
- Spell Energy and Ingredients will appear on the Map more frequently (players have even reported Unicorn Hair on the Map!)
In addition, the game will be removed from the App Store, Google Play, and Galaxy Store on December 6, 2021, and players will no longer be able to make in-game purchases as of December 6, 2021.
Finally, update 2.19 is rolling out. Check your app store to see if it’s available for your device. This should fix Adventure Sync and the issues with Spell Energy Gifts.
Upcoming Events in Wizards Unite
We recently published the November 2021 calendar for Wizards Unite, although some of those dates are subject to change. Here are the current plans for the final 3 months of Wizards Unite.
- Dolores Umbridge Lethal Adversaries Event
- Half-Blood Prince Brilliant Event Part 1
- Lucius Malfoy Lethal Adversaries Event
- Half-Blood Prince Brilliant Event Part 2
- Bellatrix Lethal Adversaries Event
- Horcrux Hunt Part 2
- Voldemort Lethal Adversaries Event
- Deathly Hallows Brilliant Event Part 1
- Holiday Event
- Deathly Hallows Brilliant Event Part 2
Nothing has been announced yet for January. We will see what changes and events happen then.
The Future of Wizards Unite Hub
We will continue writing event guides and covering Wizards Unite news through January 31, 2021. I have to finish editing 2 strategy guides that a writer has already finished. Those will be the final general strategy guides we produce, aside from details on Lethal Adversaries.
I do not know how long Wizards Unite Hub will remain online after January 31st. Zeroghan is the website owner, so that’s up to him.
The WizHub Patreon will remain live through the end of January, at which point I will shut it down. However, I will keep our Teespring merch store up indefinitely. (I actually commissioned original designs from an artist, but I haven’t had a chance to upload them yet).
The WizHub Discord will also remain live indefinitely, as long as we have enough moderators to keep it going. We will archive some of the specific HPWU channels and create some new channels based on member feedback.
As for me personally, I honestly don’t know what I will do next. I love the Wizards Unite community, and I want to help keep it alive, even after the demise of the game. I have some ideas for other Harry Potter content to share on my Witches Unite platforms, so we’ll see how that goes.
If anyone knows of any Harry Potter websites and/or gaming websites looking for writers, editors, and/or community managers, please let me know! I’m not sure what I’m going to do with my life when I no longer have a website and community to run.
How are you coping with this news? What other games should HPWU players try? What questions do you have?
If you appreciate the last 3+ years of my work, consider supporting me on Kofi!
Connect with the WizHub team on social media.