Hello fellow wizards and witches, are you excited about the upcoming Dragon Week Event in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite?
What, you haven’t heard about it yet? Do not fret, read ahead, and get ALL the details.
So the “September Brilliant Event: Battle of the Department of Mysteries Part 1” has been postponed due to the delay in rolling out the 2.15 Game Update. To make sure that your wands don’t gather dust, Wizards Unite will have a Dragon Week Event.
September 2020 Dragon Week Event
Dragons have been accessible to all Wizards Unite players after their initial release in the Indianapolis Fan Festival (which was held in August/September 2019). Players have 4 different Dragons and their respective Dragon Eggs to collect.
Typically, Dragons are regional exclusives, meaning players can only find a single Dragon in their area. Even finding your regional Dragon can be a challenge, so players love special Dragon events in Wizards Unite!
This special event is unlike the regular events that we have had before. There are no specific tasks to be completed. So what can you do to prepare for the Dragon Week Event?
|Dragon Week Event Details|
|Date & Time
|The following Foundables can be encountered:
Dragon Egg Portkey Portmanteaus
During this event, the players can collect specially marked 1km Portkeys which, according to their colours, will provide a specific Dragon Egg.
|Red Portkey||Chinese Fireball Egg|
|Opal Portkey||Antipodean Opaleye|
|Blue Portkey||Peruvian Vipertooth|
|Green Portkey||Common Welsh Green|
As already mentioned, Dragons are usually region-locked, with each region normally having access to a single type of Dragons. Past events gave each region access to a second type of Dragon.
But for THIS Dragon Week Event, the Dragons will be made available worldwide!!! This means that you can collect ALL the Dragons, even those that are not assigned to your region.
How to Prepare for Dragon Week Event
Similar to other events, this event will specifically help in prestiging the Oddities III and Oddities IV pages in the Registry. To get most out of this event I have listed a few tips that you can do before the event starts.
- Walk walk walk so you can open all 10 Portkeys as soon as the Dragon Week Event begins. (You can open these early, but I recommend waiting so you don’t accidentally pick up any regular Portkeys before the event begins). Then only pick up the special event Portkeys. Use your Silver Keys! Dragon Eggs are worth the precious resource.
- Pop on a Baruffio’s Brain Elixir to maximize any Wizarding XP from your old Portkeys. Then drink a Tonic for Trace Detection to attract extra Dragons. Enjoy the huge XP gains!
- Have a look at your Registry and determine which Dragon Eggs you most need to prestige. Try and collect more of those colours.
- Try and concentrate on collecting Dragons that are not usually available in your region.
- Remember to stock up on Trace Charms which can be used to get multiple Fragments from the Dragons, helping you prestige the Registry Page more quickly.
- Collect Spell Energy before the event starts as you might have to use more to return some of the Severe-Threat Dragons. You do not want to run out of Spell Energy while fighting a Dragon.
- Exstimulo Potions can come in handy to help lower down the threat levels of the Dragons and make them a bit easier to capture without spending too much Spell Energy. However, since Dragons are Oddities, they are a guaranteed return. Using Exstimulo Potions or not depends on your Profession level and your access to resources. Lower-level players might want to use the Exstimulo Potions to save on Spell Energy whereas Potions might not help high-level players.
- Stock up on Tonic for Trace Detection for a chance to find more Dragons (not guaranteed).
- As the Dragons provide higher Wizarding XP, it’s worth stocking up on the Baruffio’s Brain Elixir and using them to gain extra Wizarding XP.
Remember to enjoy the event and collect as many Dragons and Dragon Eggs as possible so you can prestige your Oddities pages to Gold!
Multiple WUtubers have shared their thoughts plus strategic tips for the Dragon Week event. Here’s just one video guide from Zealman’s Wizarding World!
Are you excited for the Dragon Week Event? Do you wish the event included tasks, or are you happy for a low-key event? What tips would you add to enjoy the Dragon Week Event?
Let me know your thoughts! Connect with me and the rest of the WizHub team here in the comments or on our social media platforms.