The next Community Day for Harry Potter: Wizards Unite will be August 10th! This guide covers all the Community Day details plus shares handy tips to prepare for your local Community Day.
|Date||August 10th 2019|
|Free Store Pack||
Preparing for August’s Community Day
Start Community Day with full Spell Energy. You can use your free store pack anytime during the event, so it’s better to save it for when you need it.
Spend this week brewing potions that help in Wizarding Challenges. Using potions enables you to complete higher-level Fortress Chambers, which will allow you to get even more bonus XP.
Note: My recommendations for potions assume your Vault can only hold 50. If you’ve expanded your Vault, then stock up on more potions!
Potions for Community Day
|Strong Invigoration Draught||Wit-Sharpening Potion||Healing Potion|
The Strong Invigoration Draught is particularly helpful because it increases your Focus, which allows you to cast more of your spells. Focus is necessary for Professors and Magizoologists to use their best spells.
Strong Invigoration Draught is certainly more valuable than the regular version (granting 3 Focus vs. 1 Focus), but it does take longer to brew. However, the longer brewing time is more efficient, providing 3 Focus in 6 hours vs. 2 Focus in 6 hours. If you have plenty of Sneezewort, prioritize Strong Invigoration Draught.
If you’re a Professor or Magizoologist, brew 10-15 Strong Invigoration Draughts before Community Day.
The Invigoration Draught family needs a lot of ingredients, so here’s a quick chart that shows which ones you need:
|Shared between both Invigoration Draughts||Honeywater
|Additional Invigoration Draught ingredient||Lovage|
|Additional Strong Invigoration Draught ingredient||Sneezewort|
Wit-Sharpening Potions can only be used against Elite Foes. You want to have some Wit-Sharpening Potion on hand in case you run into any Elite Foes in high-level Fortress Chambers, but don’t worry too much about this potion. First, there’s no guarantee you’ll encounter many Elite Foes, if any. Second, another player might be the one to battle the Elite Foe. As long as everyone shows up on Community Day with ~10 Wit-Sharpening Potions, you should be good.
These are the ingredients and their quantities you need to brew a Wit-Sharpening Potion.
|4 Ginger Root||3 Newt spleen||1 Ground Scarab Beetles||1 Armadillo Bile|
Healing Potions are definitely helpful in high-level Fortress Chambers, but again, don’t worry too much about overstocking this potion. During Community Day, Healing Potions will be more effective in Wizarding Challenges, meaning you won’t need as many. You’ll also be able to brew them more quickly on Community Day to keep your supply high. Finally, if you’ll be playing with a Magizoologist, they will be able to heal you or revive you if necessary. If you start Community Day with 10-20 Healing Potions, and you constantly brew more during Community Day, you should be good.
These are the ingredients and their quantities you need to brew a Healing Potion. They do use a lot of ingredients, which will appear more frequently during Community Day.
|1 Wormwood||3 Bubotuber Pus||2 Dittany||1 Dragon Liver|
Finally, build up a solid supply of all the Exstimulo Potions. These will help you take down Foes more quickly in your Wizarding Challenges. This will save you Spell Energy and time, giving you the opportunity to engage in even more Fortress battles for even more XP.
|Exstimulo Potion||Strong Exstimulo Potion||Potent Exstimulo Potion|
Honestly, with the common ingredients and short brewing time, you’re better off focusing on regular Exstimulo Potions and Strong Exstimulo Potions. While the Potent Exstimulo Potions are highly effective, they require rare Unicorn Hair, a large amount of common ingredients, and 6.8 hours (with Master Notes) brewing time.
Try to have 20-30 Exstimulo Potions (total from all types) brewed before Community Day. These will also be handy for any rare Traces that appear.
The Exstimulo Potion family needs a lot of ingredients, so here’s a quick chart that shows which ones you need:
|Shared between all Exstimulo Potions||Bitter Root
|Additional Exstimulo Potion ingredient||Granian Hair|
|Additional Strong Exstimulo Potion ingredient||Abraxan Hair|
|Additional Potent Exstimulo Potion ingredient||Unicorn Hair|
In addition to Exstimulo Potions, you should stock up on Baruffio’s Brain Elixir. If you want to use one during all of Community Day, you’ll need a total of 6. Personally, I try to time these so they start brewing shortly before I go to bed, just long enough to add the Master Notes.
Wizarding Challenges Strategy
For many players, this Community Day will be the first opportunity to attempt Wizarding Challenges (Fortress battles) with a full team of five! If you’ve only ever soloed or duoed a Fortress before, then you should read up on strategic gameplay for groups. These articles will help.
- Have you spent your Restricted Section Books yet? These are the best skills to unlock for every profession.
- Are you completely new to Fortresses? Check out our crash course!
- Not sure how to use your rare high-level Runestones? This guide explains the potential Challenge XP available for each Chamber with each Runestone.
- Want an idea of what it will be like taking down Fortresses with other players? This guide explains the benefits of group play, as well as some of the hazards, in Wizarding Challenges.
General Community Day Tips and Tricks
- Play with an active Baruffio’s Brain Elixir throughout the whole event. While there won’t be an extra XP bonus, you can rack up XP with multiple Wizarding Challenges.
- There’s a possibility that the event will bug out in the APAC region (happened often in Pokemon GO). We’ll update you if that happens. Follow us on Twitter to keep up!
- Try to find a Fortress near several Inns. Running out of Spell Energy will ruin your experience and hamper your ability to grind XP.
- If possible, increase your Spell Energy capacity before the event starts and start the event with 100% Spell Energy. Our Guide to Managing Spell Energy in Wizards Unite can help a lot.
- Be welcoming of beginners. Community Day is about community! Even if you’re a seasoned pro at group Fortress battles, that’s not true of everyone. Share your skills with other witches and wizards.
- Be sure to have an external battery. Our editor-in-chief Brita has shared a great round-up of top-rated power banks on Amazon. Order ASAP to get yours before Community Day!
- Bring sunscreen and apply it before the event, if playing outside.
- Carry a water bottle and stay hydrated.
- If possible, play at a sponsored location. In the United States, Simon Malls are a great way to beat the heat, stay topped up on Spell Energy, and receive extra rewards from Wizarding Challenges.
Most of all, HAVE FUN!
Where are you spending Community Day?