As reported earlier, the first-ever Community Day for Harry Potter: Wizards Unite is this Saturday, July 20th.
If you want to maximize your XP while playing Wizards Unite this weekend, this guide is for you.
Wizards Unite Community Day
“The first-ever Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Day (CD) starts on July 20th! This Community Day will include a Free Store Pack with 50 Spell Energy and 1 Barrufio’s Brain Elixir, 3x XP when you use Barrufio’s Brain Elixir, an increase of Traces on the Map, with a higher chance of seeing Hogwarts School Traces. Also, Dark Detectors will last double the length of time when placed in Inns.”
- Increase in Traces
- Focus on one specific category (e.g. Hogwarts School)
- 3x XP when using a Baruffio’s Brain Elixir (Usually 2x)
- 1-hour long Dark Detectors (Usually 30 minutes long)
- 5 Baruffio’s Brain Elixirs (6 total; 1 free from the Free Store pack)
- Set a timer for 30 minutes to remember to drink another brain elixir
- 5+ Dark Detectors for Inns (for an additional trace every 3 minutes)
- Dark Detectors increase the threat of the Traces.
- Adding 2 or 3 Dark Detectors on an inn increase the chance of a higher threat appearing.
- A full Spell Energy supply
- Choose a spot/route with 5-6 Inns (small area or circular route)
- Walk Portmanteaus to open during CD
- Note: The Harry Potter Brilliant Event will still be going on, so try to get any Portkey quests or 7km Portkeys done at the same time.
How to Maximize Experience (XP)
TL:DR version: Use 6 Baruffio’s Brain Elixirs! Traces give the best XP, especially if you complete two per minute and get Great casts and high threat Traces. Aim for 150,000 XP in 3 hours. And finally open all of your portkeys while on 3x XP!
Note: Speed running in Ruins 1 (Fortresses) gave (past tense) the most XP, however the XP was nerfed to 64 XP (down from 250 XP) on July 15th.
Baruffio’s Brain Elixirs
These 12-hour brew time potions give 2x XP for 30 minutes. During the 3 hours of Community Day, brain elixirs give 3x XP (100% additional XP). Use 6 of these and set a timer, because they do not stack.
Portkeys are the fastest way to get a lot of XP, however it is inconsistent – portkeys give the widest range of XP. Sometimes, players get 0 XP and sometimes they get 5,000 XP from 5 wrackspurts. While it seems like 5km and 10km portkeys should give more XP than 2km’s, some players report getting over 5,000 XP on a single 2km portkey. Rewards compound, so if you get all 5 XP wrackspurts, then you have hit the jackpot.
Save portkeys and open them during Community Day for 100% more XP compared to a regular day with a Baruffio’s active.
Traces: Foundables Returned
Traces are the best way to get XP during Community Day. Since Dark Detectors spawn traces every 3 minutes, it is easier to set up a single area or a small circle walking path. In Pokemon Go, lures spawn Pokemon every 5 minutes and with fast-catch, take only seconds to catch, so their Community Day includes more walking.
Speed: Roughly 2 Traces per minute. Traces take 20 seconds to dispel plus an additional 10 seconds for each extra spell cast (failure).
- 10 seconds to encounter, cast a spell, and go through the spell casting animations
- 10 seconds of successful animations and rewards
Make sure to tap often to skip the animations and pop-ups:
- 2 taps at the beginning to skip the pop-up and threat level
- 2 taps at the end to skip the pop-up and rewards
- 1 tap on the X at the bottom of the screen to exit the rewards
Inns and Dark Detectors: Dark Detectors produce one Trace every 3 minutes.
- Choose a route of at least 6 Inns.
- Add a Dark Detector to the first Inn and return the Foundable.
- Go to the next Inn while tracing. Add a Dark Detector to the next Inn and return the Foundable.
- Repeat steps 2-3 four more times for a total of 6 Inns.
- Each Inn should be off-set each by about 30 seconds (time to return the Trace).
XP for Traces Every 30 Minutes
Total XP varies based on a player’s casting ability, stubbornness of Foundables, and levels of threats.
Player level (every 5 levels) and casting ability (Great & Masterful) help return Foundables in fewer spell casts.
|Pace||Task||Total XP||Baruffio’s (2x)||CD Baruffio’s (3x)|
|Slow||30 traces (100 XP)||3,000||6,000||9,000|
|Slow||30 traces (150 XP)||4,500||9,000||13,500|
|Medium||45 traces (100 XP)||4,500||9,000||13,500|
|Medium||45 traces (150 XP)||6,750||13,500||20,250|
|Fast||60 traces (100 XP)||6,000||12,000||18,000|
|Fast||60 traces (150 XP)||9,000||18,000||27,000|
- 100 XP = Average of Low (50) + Great cast (50)
- 150 XP = Average of Low (50) + First Cast (10) + Great cast (50) + extra for Masterful or Medium-Emergency traces
Foundable Trace XP for 3 hours straight:
- Slow: 54,000 to 81,000 XP
- Medium: 81,000 to 121,500 XP
- Fast: 108,000 to 162,000 XP
Base XP According to Threat Level
This information should help you maximize your XP during Community Day this weekend. However, most of all, remember to have fun!
To remember what was, before the nerfs on July 15th, here is now outdated info on chamber 1 XP rewards.
Fortress Battles: 250XP for Ruins 1 (Chamber 1) is now 64 XP (nerfed 75%).
|Difficulty||Task||Total XP||Baruffio’s (2x)||CD Baruffio’s (3x)||Current XP|
|Easy (2 to 3 spells per)||30 Battles||7,500||15,000||22,500||1,950|
|Medium (1 to 2-shot)||37 Battles||9,250||18,500||27,750||2,368|
|Hard (1-Shot)||45 Battles||11,250||22,500||33,750||2,880|