The next Community Day is nigh! Harry Potter: Wizards Unite players can look forward to another 3 hours of fun on Sunday, February 23rd, 2020 from 11am to 2pm in your local time. This Wizards Unite Community Day guide shares all the details you need to know to prepare for the weekend event, but you can also catch my video below if you prefer!
|Date||Sunday, February 23, 2020|
|Free Store Pack||
February Community Day Tasks
The rewards from the tasks this month are geared toward Potions, since that is the continued theme for all the events. There are some great bonuses and mechanics in store for the month so I can’t wait to reap the rewards!
|Return 10 Doxy Foundables||2 Snowdrop|
|Return 15 Leprechaun Foundables||2 Unicorn Hair|
|Return 10 Erkling Foundables||2 Hermit Crab Shell|
|Return 5 Horned Serpent Foundables||2 Powdered Dragon Claw|
|Use 3 Oddities Runestones||2 Wormwood|
|Use 2 Tonic For Trace Detection||1 Potent Exstimulo Potion|
- 3 Spell Books
- 10 Gold
- 200 Wizarding XP
Preparing for Community Day
Stock up on Spell Energy before Community Day starts in your region. While you can find Spell Energy on the Map, and you’ll receive 25 Spell Energy in the free gift, you don’t want to worry about running out. This Community Day is all about Foundables AND Wizarding Challenges, and you want a good supply of Spell Energy to overcome the Confoundable magic!
When doing Wizarding Challenges prior to Community Day, I will personally be grinding for Horned Serpent Eggs (which is ironic because I’m usually all about the Centaur Bows!). The closer you get to prestiging your page before the event, the more you will be able to make progress towards that beautiful Gold frame!
Hold onto (or be sure to brew) at least 2 Tonic for Trace Detection Potions before Community Day. While you’ll need to use 2 of them to complete the special assignment, you’ll also receive the Ingredients to brew a single Tonic for Trace Detection Potion during Community Day. Fortunately there will also be a significantly boosted spawn rate for Tonic for Trace Detection ingredients. Combined with the reduced brew time, you should have no problem creating a lovely little stockpile for yourself!
These are all the Ingredients you need for Tonic for Trace Detection Potion.
|Baneberry||Bulbadox Juice||Angel’s Trumpet||Erumpent Horn|
Finally, time your Potions in your cauldrons carefully! You want an empty queue when Community Day begins. Take advantage of the reduced brewing time!
Tips for Enjoying February’s Community Day
- Stockpile Runestones for Foundables you need to fill out your Registry pages. Need Gryffindor Quidditch Banners? Save up your Magical Games & Sports Runestones. Need more Thunderbirds? You get the idea…
- Play with a Baruffio’s Brain Elixir and a Tonic for Trace Detection Potion during the entire event to maximize your XP and your Trace spawns. Even though there won’t be any additonal XP bonuses for using a Brain Elixir, you’ll have the chance to grind XP with all the high-level Foundables.
- Find other players in your area! Check out our previous article on finding a group for Community Day.
- If you have access to a sponsored mall, play there. Simon Malls have tons of Inns and Fortresses. This is also a comfortable place to play if your region is experiencing inclement weather.
- Splurge on a 3-hour Rental Cauldron to maximize the reduced brewing time of all Exstimulo Potions.
- Time your Potions carefully so that you can start a Tonic for Trace Detection at the very end of Community Day in your regular cauldron.
- Time your Potions carefully so that you can start a Baruffio’s Brain Elixir at the very end of your 3-hour Rental Cauldron. This allows you to maximize the time on the 3-hour Rental Cauldron.
- Carry an extra battery pack or two, plus charging cables. Need a new battery pack? Check out these top-rated options!
Community Day Bundle
In addition to the free store pack, you’ll have the option of purchasing a bundle for 420 Gold. This Community Day Bundle includes:
- 5 Oddities Lvl 4 Runestones
- 5 Oddities Lvl 3 Runestones
- 5 Potent Exstimulo Potions
- 5 Healing Potions
Is this a good deal? Let’s break down the numbers.
A single Potent Exstimulo Potion in Diagon Alley costs 75 Gold. However, if you have all of the common Ingredients, it’s a better deal to buy 1 Unicorn Hair for 30 Gold, use Master Notes in the Cauldron, and then collect the Potion immediately for 41 Gold. So let’s put the value of Potent Exstimulo Potions at 71 Gold.
Healing Potions are 25 Gold per Potion, valuing out at 125 Gold.
The Runestones are a little trickier. Since you can only purchase Level 1 Runestones in groups of 10, let’s just assume the MINIMAL amount you would ever pay for a group of 10 Runestones is 40 Gold. We obviously know the middle tier to higher tier Runestones would cost more, but since we have no value to assign to them we will go with my Calvinball method.
5×71 + 125 + 40= 520
To buy everything in this bundle individually, you would spend about 520 Gold. Thus you save right at 100 Gold by purchasing the bundle for 420 Gold.
Ultimately, it’s still up to you to determine if the bundle contents are valuable to you or not.
I hope this Wizards Unite Community Day guide has been helpful! Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to see in future guides.
Join the Wizards Unite Hub community!