This guide will focus on the second week of Darkest of Times, the conclusion of the first Brilliant Event of 2020! If you dig videos or don’t have the chance to read the whole article, I’ve included everything below (and a little more) on my YouTube channel!
Guide to Week 2 of Darkest of Times Brilliant Event!
Discover all the tasks and the rewards in the second week of the Darkest of Times Brilliant Event.
Once again, this Brilliant Event will have a Bonus Assignment during both weeks in the event you are ambitious enough and finish the regular tasks early!
Brilliant Event Overview
|Event Name Darkest of Times Brilliant Event (Week 2)|
|Date + Time
Brilliant Event Tasks
As per usual, these tasks all come straight from the development team. They should be accurate unless the HP:WU developers make last-minute changes (again). If anything changes, I will update this article as soon as possible!
This Brilliant Event is three horcruxes short of a Voldemort, meaning it’s 4 steps long. See what I did there? Don’t worry, I will not quit my day job. You have to complete each section before progressing to the next one. Once you finish the regular quest steps, you can move onto the Bonus Assignment. It should also be noted that the Bonus Bundle will not unlock in the Diagon Alley store until you reach the Bonus Assignment step of the Brilliant Event.
Brilliant Portkeys from this week of Darkest of Times will still transport you to Dumbledore’s office, my new favorite Portkey location! (Apparently the Portkeys can take you in Hogwarts, too?! The Calamity is a wreck, y’all..)
Wands ready? Good. Let’s begin.
Darkest of Times Quest 1/4
You can knock this step out faster than a troll with a giant club if you make sure to brew your potions the night/morning before the event!
|Return Brilliant Pensieve 5 Times||3 Restricted Section Books|
|Use 3 Potions||25 Brilliant Family XP|
|Brew 2 Potions||25 Brilliant Family XP|
1st Quest Rewards
- 500 Wizarding XP
- 1 Memory Vial(s) Brilliant Registry Image
- 1 Key
- 1 Memory Vial Portrait Sticker
- 1 Young Dumbledore Coat and Scarf Portrait Lens
Darkest of Times Quest 2/4
Oh yeah, ADVENTURE SYNC IS HERE. By the time the event is live, Update 2.9.0 should be forced on all devices. So that means the second step of this quest will be pretty straightforward once the feature is enabled. Do you have any questions about Adventure Sync? Check out our latest post on it here.
|Unlock 5 Portkey Portmanteau||15 Brilliant Family XP|
|Use 1 Baruffio’s Brain Elixir||300 Wizarding XP|
|Return 7 Foundables of any Family||20 Brilliant Family XP|
2nd Quest Rewards
- 25 Brilliant Family XP
- 3 Restricted Section Books
- 1 Ornate Frame – Gilded Arches of Memory Cabinet
- 1 Sherbet Lemon Brilliant Registry Image
- 6 Leaping Toadstool Ingredients (!!!)
Darkest of Times Quest 3/4
Easy peasy. With Foundables that require Arresto Momentum spawning more frequently and Dark Detectors spawning better quality Foundables, this step should be a breeze, too! Fortunately the Brilliant Pensieve, Brilliant Fawkes, and Brilliant Dumbledore Foundables are all High Threat Level Foundables, meaning that simply by playing the event you will finish the second step of this task fairly easily!
|Cast Arresto Momentum 3 times||500 Wizarding XP|
|Return 5 High Threat Foundables||500 Wizarding XP|
|Use 2 Dark Detectors||20 Brilliant Family XP|
3rd Quest Rewards
- 25 Brilliant Family XP
- 3 Restricted Section Books
- 1 Dumbledore’s Griffin Statue Animated Sticker for Portrait
- 2 Unicorn Hair Potion Ingredients
- 3 Hermit Crab Shell Potion Ingredients
Darkest of Times Quest 4/4
Much like Step 3, this step has a nice synergy to it. For the Brilliant Deluminator Foundables you will need to use at least 3 Darkest of Times Runestones. Defeating 10 foes should come naturally in 3-5 runestones anyway.
|Defeat 10 Foes in Wizarding Challenges||25 Brilliant Family XP|
|Use 3 Darkest of Times Runestones||1 Spell Book|
|Use 7 Potions||25 Brilliant Family XP|
4th Quest Rewards
- 50 Gold
- 6 Restricted Section Books
- 1 Young Dumbledore Brilliant Registry Image
- 1 Pensieve Frame for Portrait
- 750 Wizarding XP
Darkest of Times Week 1 BONUS Assignment!
If you complete the regular Brilliant Event quests before the Brilliant Event ends, you also have the chance to complete the Bonus Assignment.
The challenge will be unlocking 10 Portkeys. Luckily, the first reward is 3 Silver Keys, which should help you work on your Portkeys. However, you might need to buy some more Silver Keys (which is somewhat evident based on the special event bundles).
|Return 30 Darkest of Times Brilliant Foundables||1 Young Dumbledore Short Hair Portrait Lens|
|Return 10 High-Threat (or Higher) Foundables||2 Dawdle Draughts|
|Unlock 10 Portkey Portmanteaus||3 Spell Books|
- 2000 Wizarding XP
- 100 Brilliant Family XP
- 1 Achievement Badge
Brilliant Foundables and Where to Find Them
Just like previous Brilliant Events, you will only be able to encounter some of these Brilliant Foundables in the wild. The others can be found through Fortress Challenges, special 3k Portkeys, and event tasks.
|Brilliant||Where to find it||Fragments to collect|
|Brilliant Young Dumbledore||Event Tasks||1|
|Brilliant Memory Vials||Event Tasks||1|
|Brilliant Sherbet Lemon||Event Tasks||1|
|Brilliant Griffin Statue||Brilliant Portkey Portmanteaus||5|
|Brilliant Deluminator||Wizarding Challenges (need a Brilliant Runestone)||3|
Tips to Complete the Brilliant Event
If this is your first Brilliant Event, or if you’re thrown off by the different tasks, these tips will help you complete the Brilliant Event before the time runs out. With careful planning (and a lot of walking!), you can complete the Bonus Assignment as well!
- As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 Rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Brilliant Portkeys will glow purple on the Map. This should be alleviated by the additional slots for Portkeys and Adventure Sync, but we’re interested to hear feedback if you experience anything to the contrary!
- To brew Potions quickly, you can brew them in advance. Wait until the event starts on the 4th to collect them and start off on the right foot.
- If you’ve having trouble finding Brilliant Traces, avoid flagged areas. They are less likely to spawn in those areas.
- To collect Brilliant Deluminators, you need to do Wizarding Challenges (Fortress battles) with a Brilliant Runestone. Try Fortress Chambers Ruins I to Tower II to collect these Fragments.
- If you need to complete the event quickly, or you only have a short time to work on it, try playing at a sponsored Simon Mall. Inns, Fortresses, and spawns are all plentiful.
- Save your Silver Keys for the Bonus Assignment so you can unlock all 10 Portkeys efficiently.
- Save your Scrolls and your Restricted Section Books until the end of the event. Then use our guide to spend them wisely! That said, many Aurors and Magizoologists have already earned all the necessary Restricted Section Books, and some Professors are getting close.
Darkest of Times Bundles
Players will receive a free store pack to help them complete the Brilliant Event. You also have the option of purchasing one or more of the special store packs. Shoutout to Orange Wizard for the graphic!
All in all, the store packs are fairly decent. IF I had $20 to spend on Wizards Unite this week, I would hold out for the Bonus Assignment Store Pack with the Silver Keys, Baruffio’s Brain Elixir, Dark Detectors, and Energy in it. $20 may sound like a lot, and if it does, then that’s okay! Ya don’t have to buy! The value for the potions and keys alone makes it seem worth it to me.
Excited about the Brilliant Event? I know I am! I’m looking forward to more story development and movement with the narrative around the Calamity, particularly what young Tom Riddle and young Dumbledore have to do with it.