Woohoo! Details are finally live for the next Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Day!
|Date||October 19th 2019|
|Free Store Pack||
Prefer video content? My friend The Slyph shares all the October Community Day details in his latest video.
Preparing for Community Day
Stock up on Spell Energy before Community Day starts in your region. While sponsored Inns will give out more Spell Energy than usual, not everyone has access to those. You don’t want to worry about running out of Spell Energy!
Start saving all the Ingredients for Baruffio’s Brain Elixir! The reduced brewing time is HUGE! These are all the Ingredients you need to brew one Baruffio’s Brain Elixir.
|2 Leaping Toadstool||2 Frog Brain||1 Runespoor Eggs||1 Powdered Dragon Claw|
Frog Brains and Runespoor Eggs are fairly easy to find. Leaping Toadstools are rarely available on the Map–you mostly need to grow those in Greenhouses. Powdered Dragon Claws are exclusively available as Portkey rewards.
If you can, visit your Community Day area a day early, on Friday, October 18th. Plant Leaping Toadstool seeds in every available Greenhouse so players can collect during Community Day!
To enjoy the reduced brewing time, pay attention to your Cauldron queue. It needs to be completely empty by 11am October 19th. Then you can fill it with Baruffio’s Brain Elixirs once Community Day starts. This is also a great use of a Rental Cauldron if you have the extra Gold.
Finally, spend the next week doing Wizarding Challenges with your Oddity Runestones. You want those Centaur Bows and Horned Serpent Eggs so you can prestige your Oddity pages! I personally need 6 more Centaur Bows to prestige that page for the first time, and 11 more Doxies to prestige that other page for the first time.
Tips for Enjoying Community Day
- Find other players in your area! Check out our previous article on finding a group for Community Day.
- If you have access to a sponsored mall, play there. Simon Malls have tons of Inns and Fortresses. Remember, sponsored Inns will give out extra Spell Energy!
- Play with a Baruffio’s Brain Elixir the entire time. 3x XP from Oddities, doubled again? Level up quickly!!!
- Oddities can reward Dark Arts Runestones. Save these for the special Halloween event!
- Use Dark Detectors on Inns. These will help attract a higher quantity of Foundables.
- Carry an extra battery pack or two, plus charging cables. Need a new battery pack? I’ve put together a list of the top-rated options on Amazon! Not only will these supplies help you with your own playing, they can also help you make friends with other players who need to recharge their phones.
- Splurge on a 3-hour Rental Cauldron to maximize the reduced brewing time of the Baruffio’s Brain Elixirs.
- Time your Potions carefully so that you can start a Potent Exstimulo Potion at the very end of your 3-hour Rental Cauldron. This allows you to maximize the time on the 3-hour Rental Cauldron.
- If you’re playing outside, apply sunscreen beforehand. Carry a water bottle, and stay hydrated! Even though the weather is nicer around much of the world, the sun can still damage your skin, even if it’s not as hot outside.
Most of all, have fun! Enjoy the chance to interact with other witches and wizards.