The next Community Day for Harry Potter: Wizards Unite will be November 17th! This will be the first Community Day on a Sunday, so plan accordingly. This guide covers all the Community Day details plus shares handy tips to prepare for your local Community Day.
|Date||Sunday, November 17th 2019|
|Free Store Pack||
Everything in this article, plus additional advice, is available in my video.
November Community Day Tasks
This is the first Community Day that includes a special set of tasks and rewards! This is similar to Brilliant Events, except that you only have 3 hours to complete the tasks.
What I like about these tasks is the encouragement for advanced players to team up with new or casual players. Even if you’ve unlocked Dark Chamber V, you still need to do some low-level Wizarding Challenges to complete these quests.
November Community Day Quest 1/4
These are the first set of tasks and rewards. You must complete these before moving on.
|Complete 1 Chamber 2 (Ruins II) in a Fortress||1 Level 2 Magical Games and Sports Runestone|
|Complete 1 Chamber 3 (Ruins III) in a Fortress||1 Level 2 Hogwarts School Runestone|
|Complete 1 Chamber 4 (Ruins IV) in a Fortress||1 Level 2 Ministry of Magic Runestone|
1st Quest Rewards:
- 5 Scrolls
- 25 Spell Energy
November Community Day Quest 2/4
|Complete 1 Chamber 6 (Tower I) in a Fortress||1 Level 3 Care of Magical Creatures Runestone|
|Complete 1 Chamber 8 (Tower III) in a Fortress||1 Level 3 Magizoology Runestone|
2nd Quest Rewards:
- 15 Scrolls
- 30 Spell Energy
November Community Day Quest 3/4
|Complete 1 Chamber 10 (Tower V) in a Fortress||1 Level 4 Oddities Runestone|
|Complete 1 Chamber 12 (Forest II) in a Fortress||1 Level 4 Dark Arts Runestone|
3rd Quest Rewards:
- 2 Spellbooks
- 40 Spell Energy
November Community Day Quest 4/4
|Complete 1 Chamber 14 (Forest IV) in a Fortress||1 Level 5 Mysterious Artefacts Runestone|
|Complete 1 Chamber 15 (Forest V) in a Fortress||1 Level 5 Legends of Hogwarts Runestone|
4th Quest Rewards:
- 100 Gold
- 3 Spell Books
- 50 Spell Energy
Preparing for Community Day
Stock up on Spell Energy before Community Day starts in your region. While Fortresses will give out Spell Energy, and you can find Spell Energy on the Map, you don’t want to worry about running out, especially if you plan on grinding high-level Fortress Chambers.
Spend the next few days brewing Potions that help in Wizarding Challenges. Using Potions enables you to complete higher-level Fortress Chambers, which will allow you to get even more bonus Challenge XP.
Note: My recommendations for Potions assume your Vault can only hold 50 Potions. If you’ve expanded your Vault, then stock up on more Potions!
|Strong Invigoration Draught||Wit-Sharpening Potion||Healing Potion|
The Strong Invigoration Draught is particularly helpful because it increases your Focus, which allows you to cast more of your Charms and Hexes. Focus is necessary for Professors and Magizoologists to use their best Charms and Hexes.
Aurors can also use Strong Invigoration Draught to increase their own Focus, either to cast their own Charms and Hexes or to share Focus with their teammates.
Strong Invigoration Draught is certainly more valuable than the regular version (granting 3 Focus vs. 1 Focus), but it does take longer to brew. However, the longer brewing time is more efficient, providing 3 Focus in 6 hours vs. 2 Focus in 6 hours. If you have plenty of Sneezewort, prioritize Strong Invigoration Draught.
If you’re a Professor or Magizoologist, brew 10-15 Strong Invigoration Draughts before Community Day.
The Invigoration Draught family needs a lot of ingredients, so here’s a quick chart that shows which ones you need:
|Shared between both Invigoration Draughts||Honeywater
|Additional Invigoration Draught ingredient||Lovage|
|Additional Strong Invigoration Draught ingredient||Sneezewort|
Wit-Sharpening Potions can only be used against Elite Foes. You want to have some Wit-Sharpening Potion on hand in case you run into any Elite Foes in high-level Fortress Chambers, but don’t worry too much about this Potion. First, there’s no guarantee you’ll encounter many Elite Foes, especially if you’re not battling any Dark Chambers. Second, another player might be the one to battle the Elite Foe.
As long as everyone shows up on Community Day with 5-10 Wit-Sharpening Potions, you should be fine.
These are the Ingredients and their quantities you need to brew a Wit-Sharpening Potion.
|4Ginger Root||3Newt spleen||1Ground Scarab Beetles||1Armadillo Bile|
Healing Potions are always helpful in high-level Fortress Chambers, but again, don’t worry too much about overstocking this potion. During Community Day, Healing Potions will be more effective in Wizarding Challenges, meaning you won’t need as many. You’ll also be able to brew them more quickly on Community Day to keep your supply high. Finally, if you’ll be playing with a Magizoologist, they will be able to heal you or revive you if necessary. If you start Community Day with 10-20 Healing Potions, and you constantly brew more during Community Day, you should be good.
These are the Ingredients and their quantities you need to brew a Healing Potion. They do use a lot of ingredients, which will appear more frequently on the Map during Community Day. However, you should still stock up on these Ingredients in advance of Community Day to take full advantage of the reduced brewing time for Healing Potions.
|1Wormwood||3Bubotuber Pus||2Dittany||1Dragon Liver|
If you’re able to visit your Community Day location in advance, plant Wormwood to be collected during the hours of Community Day.
Pro tip: Your Potion queue should be empty before Community Day starts! This is the only way to get reduced brewing time benefits for Healing Potions.
Finally, build up a solid supply of all the Exstimulo Potions. These Potions will help you take down Foes more quickly in your Wizarding Challenges. This will save you Spell Energy and time, giving you the opportunity to engage in even more Fortress battles for even more XP. Plus Exstimulo Potions are often a must in high-level Fortress Chambers.
|Exstimulo Potion||Strong Exstimulo Potion||Potent Exstimulo Potion|
Most players are better off focusing on regular Exstimulo Potions and Strong Exstimulo Potions because they have shorter brewing times and common Ingredients. While the Potent Exstimulo Potions are highly effective, they require rare Unicorn Hair, a large amount of common Ingredients, and 6.8 hours (with Master Notes) brewing time.
Aim to have 20-30 Exstimulo Potions (total from all types) brewed before Community Day. These will also be handy for any rare Traces that appear.
If you’re still working on the Brilliant Event, Exstimulo Potions will also help you complete the event tasks.
The Exstimulo Potion family needs a lot of Ingredients. This quick chart shows which ones you need:
|Shared between all Exstimulo Potions||Bitter Root
|Additional Exstimulo Potion ingredient||Granian Hair|
|Additional Strong Exstimulo Potion ingredient||Abraxan Hair|
|Additional Potent Exstimulo Potion ingredient||Unicorn Hair|
In addition to Exstimulo Potions, you should stock up on Baruffio’s Brain Elixir. If you want to use one during all of Community Day, you’ll need a total of 6 Brain Elixirs. Personally, I try to time these so they start brewing shortly before I go to bed, just long enough to add the Master Notes.
Wizarding Challenges Strategy
For many players, this Community Day will be the first opportunity to attempt Wizarding Challenges (Fortress battles) with a full team of five! Be sure to add everyone as friends first to gain extra Challenge XP.
If you’ve only ever soloed or duoed a Fortress before, then you should read up on strategic gameplay for groups. These articles will help.
- Are you completely new to Fortresses? Check out our crash course!
- If you experience a Fortress error, don’t panic. This guide will help you navigate the error and get back into the Wizarding Challenge.
- Not sure how to use your rare high-level Runestones? This guide explains the potential Challenge XP available for each Chamber with each Runestone.
- Want an idea of what it will be like taking down Fortresses with other players? This guide explains the benefits of group play, as well as some of the hazards, in Wizarding Challenges.
- Want more Fortress tips? Check out all of our articles on Fortresses!
General Community Day Tips and Tricks
- Play with an active Baruffio’s Brain Elixir throughout the whole event. While there won’t be an extra Wizarding XP bonus, you can still rack up Wizarding XP with multiple Wizarding Challenges.
- There’s a possibility that the event will bug out in the APAC region (like during October’s Community Day). We’ll update you if that happens. Follow us on Twitter to keep up!
- Try to find a Fortress near several Inns. You don’t want to run out of Spell Energy
- If possible, increase your Spell Energy capacity before the event starts and start the event with 100% Spell Energy. Our Guide to Managing Spell Energy in Wizards Unite can help a lot.
- Be welcoming of beginners. Community Day is about community! Even if you’re a seasoned pro at group Fortress battles, that’s not true of everyone. Share your skills with other witches and wizards. Help new players unlock Tower, Forest, and Dark Chambers.
- Be sure to have an external battery. I’ve put together a great round-up of top-rated power banks on Amazon. Order ASAP to get yours before Community Day!
- Bring sunscreen and apply it before the event, if playing outside.
- Carry a water bottle and stay hydrated.
- If possible, play at a sponsored location. In the United States, Simon Malls are a great way to keep warm, stay topped up on Spell Energy, and receive extra rewards from Wizarding Challenges. Keep in mind that some Simon Malls won’t open until noon on Sunday, so you might need to find another location for the first hour of Community Day.
- Three specific Simon Malls (two in Texas, one in Pennsylvania) will have additional events going on. Learn more on the Wizards Unite official website.
Are you excited for Community Day? What other tips do you have to offer?