The first Community Day of 2020 fast approaches! Harry Potter: Wizards Unite players can look forward to another 3 hours of fun on Saturday, January 18, 2020 from 11am to 2pm in your local time. This Wizards Unite Community Day guide shares all the details you need to know to prepare for the weekend event.
|Date||Saturday, January 18, 2020|
|Free Store Pack||
I’ve also covered the January Community Day in a video if you prefer that format!
January Community Day Tasks
This is another Community Day featuring a special set of tasks and rewards! I personally really like having tasks to complete on Community Day. Plus the rewards are great!
|Return 5 Whomping Willow Foundables||1 Knight Bus Fragment|
|Return 5 Foe Glass Foundables||1 Knight Bus Fragment|
|Return 15 Medium-Threat Wonders of the Wizarding World Foundables||1 Knight Bus Fragment|
|Return 30 Wonders of the Wizarding World Foundables||1 Knight Bus Fragment|
|Use 2 Potent Exstimulo Potions||1 Knight Bus Fragment|
|Use 1 Tonic for Trace Detection Potion||1 Knight Bus Fragment|
- 3 Spell Books
- 40 Gold
- 600 Wonders of the Wizarding World Family XP
Preparing for Community Day
Stock up on Spell Energy before Community Day starts in your region. While you can find Spell Energy on the Map, and you’ll receive 25 Spell Energy in the free gift, you don’t want to worry about running out. This Community Day is all about Foundables, and you want a good supply of Spell Energy to overcome the Confoundable magic!
When doing Wizarding Challenges prior to Community Day, use your Wonders of the Wizarding World Runestones. This will help you progress your Hogwarts Gate and your King’s Cross Station pages. If you manage to prestige either page, then the increased Encounters of the Whomping Willow, Weasley’s Car, and Foe Glass will be even more valuable.
Hold onto at least 1 Potent Exstimulo Potion before Community Day. While you’ll need to use 2 of them to complete the special assignment, you’ll also receive the Ingredients to brew a single Potent Exstimulo Potion during Community Day.
Normally I recommend brewing a great deal of Exstimulo Potions prior to any Community Day focused on rare Foundables. However, with reduced brewing times for all Exstimulo Potions this Community Day, don’t worry too much about creating a large stockpile in advance.
However, you still want to collect the Ingredients you’ll need for Exstimulo Potions.
This quick chart shows which ones you need:
|Shared between all Exstimulo Potions||Bitter Root
|Additional Exstimulo Potion ingredient||Granian Hair|
|Additional Strong Exstimulo Potion ingredient||Abraxan Hair|
|Additional Potent Exstimulo Potion ingredient||Unicorn Hair|
Even though Foundables from the Wonders of the Wizarding World family will be less likely to depart, you should still stock up on a few Dawdle Draughts. These will be helpful for any rare Foundables that appear from Dark Detectors.
These are the Ingredients you need for Dawdle Draught.
|Valerian Root||Sopophorous Bean||Butterscotch||Hermit Crab Shell|
Finally, you should stock up on Tonic for Trace Detection Potions. If you want to use one during all of Community Day to take advantage of the boosted Traces, you’ll need a total of 5 Tonics since you receive 1 Tonic in the free store pack.
These are all the Ingredients you need for Tonic for Trace Detection Potion.
|Baneberry||Bulbadox Juice||Angel’s Trumpet||Erumpent Horn|
Finally, time your Potions in your cauldrons carefully! You want an empty queue when Community Day begins. Take advantage of the reduced brewing time!
Tips for Enjoying January’s Community Day
- Play with a Baruffio’s Brain Elixir and a Tonic for Trace Detection Potion during the entire event to maximize your XP and your rare Traces. Even though there won’t be any XP bonuses for using a Brain Elixir, you’ll have the chance to grind XP with all the high-level Foundables.
- Find other players in your area! Check out our previous article on finding a group for Community Day.
- If you have access to a sponsored mall, play there. Simon Malls have tons of Inns and Fortresses. This is also a comfortable place to play if your region is experiencing inclement weather.
- Splurge on a 3-hour Rental Cauldron to maximize the reduced brewing time of all Exstimulo Potions.
- Time your Potions carefully so that you can start a Potent Exstimulo Potion at the very end of Community Day in your regular cauldron.
- Time your Potions carefully so that you can start a Baruffio’s Brain Elixir at the very end of your 3-hour Rental Cauldron. This allows you to maximize the time on the 3-hour Rental Cauldron.
- Carry an extra battery pack or two, plus charging cables. Need a new battery pack? I’ve put together a list of the top-rated options on Amazon!
- If you’re playing outside, apply sunscreen beforehand. Carry a water bottle, and stay hydrated! Even if the temperatures are cooler, you still need sun protection.
- Use Wonders of the Wizarding World Runestones in Fortresses to get even more Foundable Fragments for your Registry!
Community Day Bundle
In addition to the free store pack, you’ll have the option of purchasing a bundle for 420 Gold. This Community Day Bundle includes:
- 5 Potent Exstimulo Potions
- 1 Tonic for Trace Detection Potions
- 1 Dark Detector
- 15 Spell Energy
Is this a good deal? Let’s break down the numbers.
A single Potent Exstimulo Potion in Diagon Alley costs 75 Gold. However, if you have all of the common Ingredients, it’s a better deal to buy 1 Unicorn Hair for 30 Gold, use Master Notes in the Cauldron, and then collect the Potion immediately for 41 Gold. So let’s put the value of Potent Exstimulo Potions at 71 Gold.
Tonic for Trace Detection Potion costs 60 Gold, which is actually a good deal considering the price of 2 Erumpent Horns.
A single Dark Detector is 120 Gold. You can buy 3 Dark Detectors for 325 Gold, which gives us about 108 Gold per Dark Detector.
5×71 + 60 + 108 = 523
To buy everything in this bundle, you would spend about 523 Gold. Thus you save just under 100 Gold by purchasing the bundle for 420 Gold.
Ultimately, it’s still up to you to determine if the bundle contents are valuable to you or not.
I hope this Wizards Unite Community Day guide has been helpful! Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to see in future guides.
Join the Wizards Unite Hub community!