This Harry Potter: Wizards Unite guide is focused on the second installment of the Lost Love Brilliant Event. The SOS Task Force will continue to see the new mechanic in regards to Potion Ingredients we will see and interact with on the game Map AND when you place Registry images on your page, so read on or check out my YouTube channel for more information on how it will work!
Guide to Week 2 of the Lost Love Brilliant Event!
Discover all the tasks and the rewards in the first week of the Love Lost Brilliant Event.
Once again, this Brilliant Event will have a Bonus Assignment during the event if you are ambitious enough and finish the regular tasks early!
Brilliant Event Overview
|Event Name Lost Love Brilliant Event (Week 2)|
|Date + Time
New Brilliant Event Mechanic, the Sequel
This Brilliant Event is continuing the experiment of a new mechanic we saw in Part 1 of Lost Love that rewards players for placing the Registry images by boosting the effectiveness of Potions even further than before. Here’s how to do it:
- When placing the Severus Snape images (15 total), Healing Potions will heal 50% stamina instead of the usual 35%.
- When placing the Vase of Lilies image (5 total), Baruffio’s Brain Elixir increases in duration from 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
- When placing the Photograph of Lily and Severus (3 total), the amount of spell casts affected by Potent Exstimulo Potions increases from 5 spell casts to 6 spell casts.
Brilliant Event Tasks
As per usual, these tasks all come straight from the development team. They should be accurate unless the HP:WU developers make last-minute changes (again). If anything changes, I will update this article as soon as possible!
This Brilliant Event is 4 steps long, as is tradition. You have to complete each section before progressing to the next one. Once you finish the regular quest steps, you can move onto the Bonus Assignment. It should also be noted that the Bonus Bundle will not unlock in the Diagon Alley store until you reach the Bonus Assignment step of the Brilliant Event.
Brilliant Portkeys from this week of the Lost Love Brilliant Event will continue to feature the new Portkey Portmanteaus location: Madam Puddifoot’s Tea Shop. Unfortunately there are no singing cupids, but the location is still fun to visit nonetheless.
Put those half-priced Honeyduke’s Valentine candies aside and let’s begin!
Lost Love Quest 1/4
Like I mentioned before, Potent Exstimulo Potion Ingredients should be spawning frequently in the Brilliant Event. I know, I know. I can hear you saying, “But Matt, the event was super broken and EVERYTHING was spawning…”
I have been told by Fazes the issues with the Ingredients spawns from this past week should be sorted out by the time this part of the event rolls out. Do you have the ingredients list memorized? If not, no biggie! Look out for Bitterroot, Snowdrop, Re’em Blood, and Unicorn Hair.
|Collect Potent Exstimulo Ingredients from the Map 2 times||25 Brilliant Family XP|
|Brew 2 Potent Exstimulo Potions||25 Brilliant Family XP|
|Return 3 Brilliant Mirror of Erised Foundables||150 Wizard XP|
1st Quest Rewards
- 150 Wizarding XP
- 2 Restricted Section Books
- 1 Unicorn Hair Potion Ingredient
- 4 Snowdrop Potion Ingredients
- 1 Wormwood Potion Ingredient
Lost Love Quest 2/4
Much like the first half of the event, start brewing the Potions for which you are collecting Ingredients as soon as you meet the requirements! You will need them in the following quest step!
Ingredients for the Healing Potion include: Wormwood, Bubotuber Pus, Dittany, and Dragon Liver.
|Use Potent Exstimulo Potion 2 times||200 Wizarding XP|
|Pick up 3 Healing Potion Ingredients||200 Wizarding XP|
|Unlock 3 Portkey Portmanteaus||2 Dittany Potion Ingredients|
2nd Quest Rewards
- 1 Infusion of Wormwood Brilliant Registry Image
- 100 Wizarding XP
- 45 Brilliant Family XP
- 3 Restricted Section Books
- 1 Potent Exstimulo Potion
Lost Love Quest 3/4
Brew, rinse out your cauldron, duel against Dark Wizards, repeat.
|Brew 4 Healing Potions||250 Wizarding XP|
|Use Healing Potions 6 times in Wizarding Challenges||250 Wizarding XP|
|Return 7 Brilliant Severus Snape Foundables||1 Powdered Dragon Claw Potion Ingredient|
3rd Quest Rewards
- 250 Wizarding XP
- 50 Brilliant Family XP
- 5 Restricted Section Books
- 1 Silver Key
Lost Love Quest 4/4
Great rewards lie ahead! You are so close you can almost taste victory. Or is that the dragon liver…?
|Use Baruffio’s Brain Elixir 2 times||1 Silver Key|
|Defeat 10 Foes in Wizarding Challenges||55 Brilliant Family XP|
|Use 5 Brilliant Runestones||2 Spell Books|
4th Quest Rewards
- 1 Snape’s Cauldron Brilliant Registry Image
- 1000 Wizard XP
- 5 Restricted Section Books
- 50 Coins
- 1 Potions Class Arch Portrait Frame
Lost Love Week 2 BONUS Assignment!
If you complete the regular Brilliant Event quests before the Brilliant Event ends, you also have the chance to complete the Bonus Assignment.
The dreaded Portkey task has returned. Save your Silver Keys to maximize your walking efficiency. Otherwise, the tasks are simple. Pick up the Ingredients you see, brew the Potions as often as possible, and you should be done with the event in no time!
|Unlock 10 Portkey Portmanteaus||2 Hermit Crab Shell Potion Ingredient|
|Return 30 Brilliant Foundables||1 Baruffio’s Brain Elixir Potion|
|Brew 12 Potions||1 Snape-themed Portrait Frame|
|Use 15 Potions||2 Potent Exstimulo Potions|
- 2000 Wizarding XP
- 100 Brilliant Family XP
- 3 Spell Books
- Brilliant Event Achievement Badge
Brilliant Foundables and Where to Find Them
Just like previous Brilliant Events, you will only be able to encounter some of these Brilliant Foundables in the wild. The others can be found through Fortress Challenges, special 3k Portkeys, and event tasks.
|Brilliant||Where to find it||Fragments to collect|
Brilliant Severus Snape
Brilliant Mirror of Erised
Brilliant Infusion of Wormwood
|Brilliant Vase of Lilies||Brilliant Portkey Portmanteaus||5|
Brilliant Photograph of Lily and Severus
|Wizarding Challenges (need a Brilliant Runestone)||3|
Tips to Complete the Brilliant Event
If this is your first Brilliant Event, or if you’re thrown off by the different tasks, these tips will help you complete the Brilliant Event before the time runs out. With careful planning (and a little bit of walking!), you can complete the Bonus Assignment as well!
- As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 Rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Brilliant Portkeys will glow purple on the Map. This should be alleviated by the additional slots for Portkeys and Adventure Sync, but we’re interested to hear feedback if you experience anything to the contrary!
- To complete the “Use X Potion 2 Times” step quickly, make sure to brew Baruffio’s Brain Elixir before the event begins if your supplies are running low. This will save you valuable time when it comes to brewing them later since they take 12 hours.
- If you’ve having trouble finding Brilliant Traces, avoid flagged areas. They are less likely to spawn in those areas.
- To collect the Brilliant Photograph of Lily and Severus, you need to do Wizarding Challenges (Fortress battles) with a Brilliant Runestone. Try Fortress Chambers Ruins I to Tower II to collect these Fragments.
- If you need to complete the event quickly, or you only have a short time to work on it, try playing at a sponsored Simon Mall. Inns, Fortresses, and spawns are all plentiful.
- Save your Scrolls and your Restricted Section Books until the end of the event. Then use our guide to spend them wisely! That said, most Aurors and Magizoologists have already earned all the necessary Restricted Section Books, and some Professors have also collected all of them. At this point, the question is whether to save Restricted Section books for another skill tree, or invest them in a second profession. That’s a personal choice, so good luck!
Are you excited in another Brilliant Event? Overwhelmed by the constant stream of events this month? Let us know by joining us on our social platforms and hop in on the conversation!