This Harry Potter: Wizards Unite guide is focused on the first installment of the Circus Calamitous Brilliant Event! There’s a new mechanic during the Bonus Event that unlocks a special Newt Scamander Foundable, so read on for all the juicy details!
I have also included a video guide from my YouTube channel in case you are unable to read through all the tasks, or if you prefer video format!
Guide to Week 1 of the Circus Calamitous Brilliant Event!
Discover all the tasks and the rewards in the first week of the Circus Calamitous Brilliant Event!
Once again, this Brilliant Event will have a Bonus Assignment during the event if you are ambitious enough and finish the regular tasks early!
Brilliant Event Overview
|Event Name Circus Calamitous Brilliant Event (Week 1)|
|Date + Time
Brilliant Event Tasks
As per usual, these tasks all come straight from the development team. They should be accurate unless the HP:WU developers make last-minute changes (again). If anything changes, I will update this article as soon as possible! This guide is coming in at the last minute due to some changes that were already made to the Brilliant Event quest steps, so hopefully there will be no more amendments!
This Brilliant Event is 4 steps long like all the others. You have to complete each section before progressing to the next one. Once you finish the regular quest steps, you can move onto the Bonus Assignment. It should also be noted that the Bonus Bundle will not unlock in the Diagon Alley store until you reach the Bonus Assignment step of the Brilliant Event.
Brilliant Portkeys from this week of the Circus Calamitous Brilliant Event will continue to feature the new Portkey Portmanteaus location: the Circus Arcanus itself!
After you have cleaned out the Kappa and watered the Graphorn, check out the following quest steps so you can get a jump on this Brilliant Event!
Circus Calamitous Quest 1/4
Brew 2 Healing Potions before the event starts (I usually do mine on Monday night) and get ahead of the game! This step will be pretty easy since there will only be 2 “Wild” spawns for the first week of the Circus Calamitous event.
|Dine at 3 Inns||25 Brilliant Family XP|
|Return 3 Brilliant Graphorn Foundables||25 Brilliant Family XP|
|Brew 2 Healing Potions||150 Wizard XP|
1st Quest Rewards
- 150 Wizarding XP
- 2 Restricted Section Books
- Circus Arcanus Ticket Portrait Sticker
- 6 Snowdrop Potion Ingredients
- 4 Bitterroot Potion Ingredients
Circus Calamitous Quest 2/4
This Brilliant Event (somewhat surprisingly) will have SOS Task Force members working hard to combat Foes encountered in Fortresses! Check out Step 2:
|Defeat 5 Foes in Wizarding Challenges||400 Wizarding XP|
|Use 3 Healing Potion||2 Leaping Toadstool|
|Earn 500 Wizarding XP from Challenges||250 Challenge XP|
2nd Quest Rewards
- 1 Oni Brilliant Registry Image
- 100 Wizarding XP
- 45 Brilliant Family XP
- 3 Restricted Section Books
- Zouwu Portrait Sticker
- 2 Wormwood Potion Ingredients
Circus Calamitous Quest 3/4
This task hearkens back to a similar task we had in a previous event that required we hunt down “Arresto Momentum” Foundables. This time, it looks like we will be charged with the task of unlocking poor, detained beasts and creatures from around the Wizarding World by using “Alohomora,” found in The Standard Book of Spells, Chapter 7. These spawns will be boosted, and are included in an image below thanks to our friend Orange Wizard.
|Cast Alohomora 10 Times||1 Silver Key|
|Return 5 Zouwu Foundables||250 Wizarding XP|
|Unlock 3 Portkey Portmanteaus||6 Baneberry|
3rd Quest Rewards
- 500 Wizarding XP
- 50 Brilliant Family XP
- 5 Restricted Section Books
Circus Calamitous Quest 4/4
Due to immediate player feedback, the HPWU team changed the final set of tasks. You should be able to knock out these Wizarding Challenges in no time!
|Defeat 10 Formidable Foes in Wizarding Challenges||1 Baruffio’s Brain Elixir|
|Earn 1500 Wizarding XP from Challenges||2 Spell Books|
|Use 3 Brilliant Runestones||55 Brilliant Family XP|
4th Quest Rewards
- 1 Fire-breather Brilliant Registry Image
- 1000 Wizarding XP
- 5 Restricted Section Books
- 50 Gold
- 1 Circus Banner Portrait Frame
Circus Calamitous Week 2 BONUS Assignment!
If you complete the regular Brilliant Event quests before the Brilliant Event ends, you also have the chance to complete the Bonus Assignment.
The dreaded Portkey task has returned (again). Save your Silver Keys to maximize your walking efficiency. I, personally, will be attempting the bonus “Alohomora” challenge first in order to unlock the 2 Keys before putting them in a Portkey. Otherwise, these steps are rather straightforward. In regards to the new Newt Scamander Foundable, you can find commentary below in the “Tips” section!
|Earn 1500 Wizarding XP from Challenges||3 Potent Exstimulo Potions|
|Defeat 30 Foes in Challenges||3 Dark Detectors|
|Unlock 5 Portkey Portmanteaus||1 Dawdle Draught|
|Return 30 Brilliant Foundables||Newt Scamander (Ministry of Magic)|
|Cast Alohomora 30 Times||2 Silver Keys|
- 2000 Wizarding XP
- 100 Brilliant Family XP
- 3 Spell Books
- Brilliant Event Title: Liberator of Beasts
Brilliant Foundables and Where to Find Them
Just like previous Brilliant Events, you will only be able to encounter some of these Brilliant Foundables in the wild. The others can be found through Wizarding Challenges (Fortress battles), special 3k Portkeys, and event tasks.
|Brilliant||Where to find it||Fragments to collect|
Skender the Ringmaster
|Brilliant Portkey Portmanteaus||5|
Brilliant Circus Arcanus House Elf
|Wizarding Challenges (need a Brilliant Runestone)||3|
Brilliant Event Bundles
There are 4 bundles total that will be available during this event. Be sure to snag the Free Bundle as soon as the event starts for Healing Potion Ingredients in the event you are missing them. The Bonus Bundle will not be available until the Bonus Assignment is unlocked, so keep that in mind! I have outlined the details for the bundles below.
|Potent Exstimulo Potions||15|
Bonus Assignment Bundle (2 available)
|Baruffio’s Brain Elixir||5|
|Potent Exstimulo Potion||15|
Tips to Complete the Brilliant Event
If this is your first Brilliant Event, or if you’re thrown off by the different tasks, these tips will help you complete the Brilliant Event before the time runs out. With careful planning (and a little bit of walking!), you can complete the Bonus Assignment as well!
- We have a brand new Foundable apparating into the game! The Foundable is Newt Scamander, when he worked for the Ministry of Magic. This Foundable is located on the Ministry Atrium registry page, taking the place of the Kingsley Shacklebolt Foundable that was removed from the game after its launch.
- The way this Foundable will work is unlike anything we have seen in the game before. If you are familiar with Pokémon GO, this Foundable will work much like a Weekly Bonus, or wild spawn from a Daily Task completion. I have also been told it is akin to Hagrid spawning at the beginning of the game, which is a guaranteed spawn. BUT you are not guaranteed to release it from the Confoundable magic. I will be using a Potion to ensure I have a higher chance to get the rare Foundable while I can!
- As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 Rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Brilliant Portkeys will glow purple on the Map. This should be alleviated by the additional slots for Portkeys and Adventure Sync, but we’re interested to hear feedback if you experience anything to the contrary!
- To complete the “Brew X Potion 2 Times” step quickly, make sure to brew the designated potion before the event begins if your supplies are running low. This will save you valuable time when it comes to brewing them later since some potions take significantly longer than others.
- If you’ve having trouble finding Brilliant Traces, avoid flagged areas. They are less likely to spawn in those areas.
- To collect the Brilliant Circus Arcanus House Elf, you need to do Wizarding Challenges (Fortress battles) with a Brilliant Runestone. Try Fortress Chambers Ruins I to Tower II to collect these Fragments.
- If you need to complete the event quickly, or you only have a short time to work on it, try playing at a sponsored Simon Mall. Inns, Fortresses, and spawns are all plentiful.
- Save your Scrolls and your Restricted Section Books until the end of the event. Then use our guide to spend them wisely! That said, most Aurors and Magizoologists have already earned all the necessary Restricted Section Books, and some Professors have also collected all of them. At this point, the question is whether to save Restricted Section books for another skill tree, or invest them in a second profession. That’s a personal choice, so good luck!
What do you think about the Circus Calamitous Brilliant Event? I know I am really excited about seeing the new Newt Scamander Foundable! Let us know by joining us on our social platforms and hop in on the conversation!