Day of the Dragons is slowly rolling around the globe and we got some hot information from the Oceanic region to help out! These tips and tricks will help you prepare for the event and get the most out of it.
Tips and tricks
- Dragons spawn using the same system like Oddities, which means you will defeat them easily. Most players will need 3-4 hits to get through the encounter. They don’t deal a lot of damage, but they’re kinda hard to target
- Both Dragons spawned frequently enough to complete whatever goal you had in mind. Be sure to aim high tho, 70+ should be a minimum!
- Your domestic dragon will spawn more frequently.
- Use a Baruffio’s Brain Elixir before the first encounter to maximize XP gain
- Flags are not functioning during the event, which means all zones are equal.
- Dark Detectors spawn dragons! The spawn rates are not great, but it is possible to get an encounter out of them.
- Speaking of Dark Detectors, their spawns don’t end when the event ends. This means you can get Dragon encounters for an hour after the event.
- The new Trace detection potion can and will spawn dragons
Day of the Dragons is a relatively easy event that is best played like a Pokemon GO community day. Deploy Dark Detectors, be on the move, be accurate with targeting the dragons and you should be fine.
We’re not sure if anyone «failed» the event and it seems for the most part bug free. It’s a great opportunity to farm something rare and to hang out with fellow wizards.
Day of the Dragons info
- Asia-Pacific: September 7, from 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. AEST (UTC +10)
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India: September 7, from 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. UTC
- Americas and Greenland: September 7, from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. PDT (UTC -7)