This Harry Potter: Wizards Unite guide is focused on the first installment of the Burrow Besieged Brilliant Event! Rather than require players to go «out» to chase down Fortress fragments, certain fragments can be found in Bonus Assignment steps or discovered in Portkeys at half the distance, detailed below.
Prefer a video? Here’s a link to my YouTube channel where I outline all the details below:
Guide to Week 1 of the Burrow Besieged Brilliant Event!
Discover all the tasks and the rewards in the first week of the Burrow Besieged Brilliant Event!
Once again, this Brilliant Event will have a Bonus Assignment during the event if you are ambitious enough and finish the regular tasks early!
Brilliant Event Overview
|Event Name Burrow Besieged Brilliant Event (Week 1)|
|Date + Time
Brilliant Event Tasks
As per usual, these tasks all come straight from the development team. They should be accurate unless the HP:WU developers make last-minute changes (again). If anything changes, I will update this article as soon as possible!
Brilliant Portkeys from this week of the Burrow Besieged Brilliant Event will feature the new Portkey Portmanteaus location: Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes! Since it is April 1st (as I type this) please join me in delivering warmest felicitations to George Weasley!
I know what you’re thinking.. Fred would want us to make some mischief, too! So stop crying (because I’m definitely not) and listen up! There’s some rogue magic afoot.
Burrow Besieged Quest 1/4
Be sure to brew a Tonic for Trace Detection before the event starts (I usually do mine on Monday night) and get ahead of the game!
|Return 5 Wonders of the Wizarding World Foundables||150 Wizarding XP|
|Return 3 Brilliant Decoy Detonator Foundables||1 Powdered Dragon Claw|
|Use 1 Tonic for Trace Detection||2 Leaping Toadstools|
1st Quest Rewards
- 150 Wizarding XP
- 2 Restricted Section Books
- 45 Brilliant Family XP
- 1 Dark Detector
- 1 Silver Key
Burrow Besieged Quest 2/4
Since the rewards from the first quest give you part of what you need in order to brew a Baruffio’s Brain Elixir, you can guarantee you will have to use one in Step 2! Make sure you have one of the beloved XP boosting Potions on hand before the event begins and pair it with a Tonic for Trace Detection to ensure optimal destruction! I, er, mean effectiveness!
|Use 1 Baruffio’s Brain Elixir||6 Snowdrop Potion Ingredients|
|Return 5 High Traces or better||1 Unicorn Hair|
|Earn 2000 Wizarding XP from Traces||1 Silver Key|
2nd Quest Rewards
- 1 Martin Miggs the Mad Muggle Comic Book Registry Image
- 500 Wizarding XP
- 50 Brilliant Family XP
- 3 Restricted Section Books
Burrow Besieged Quest 3/4
Pretty straightforward tasks! If you brew the Tonic for Trace Detection in advance, you can quickly collect them to progress.
|Return 7 Wonders of the Wizarding World Foundables||375 Wizarding XP|
|Return 7 Brilliant Ron Weasley Foundables||1 Powdered Dragon Claw|
|Brew 2 Tonic for Trace Detection||2 Leaping Toadstools|
3rd Quest Rewards
- 375 Wizarding XP
- 50 Brilliant Family XP
- 5 Restricted Section Books
- 1 Baruffio’s Brain Elixir
- 1 Silver Key
Burrow Besieged Quest 4/4
Baruffio’s Brain Elixir + Tonic for Trace Detection = BIG GAINS! Let’s do this.
|Earn 3000 Wizarding XP from Traces||1 Spell Book|
|Use 2 Tonic for Trace Detection||55 Brilliant Family XP|
|Return 7 High Traces or better||1 Spell Book|
4th Quest Rewards
- 1 «Weasley Is Our King» Banner Registry Image
- 1000 Wizarding XP
- 5 Restricted Section Books
- 50 Gold
- 1 Spell Book
Burrow Besieged Week 1 BONUS Assignment!
If you complete the regular Brilliant Event quests before the Brilliant Event ends, you also have the chance to complete the Bonus Assignment.
By completing the Bonus Assignment, you do NOT need to do any Wizarding Challenges. You can collect the 3 Pigwidgeon Brilliant fragments you need just by finishing tasks for the Bonus Assignment.
|Earn 7500 Wizarding XP||2 Dawdle Draughts|
|Return 30 Brilliant Foundables||1 Pigwidgeon Brilliant Registry Image|
|Return 5 High Traces or better||1 Pigwidgeon Brilliant Registry Image|
|Return 1 Severe Trace or better||1 Pigwidgeon Brilliant Registry Image|
|Use 3 Tonic For Trace Detection||1 Baruffio’s Brain Elixir|
- 2000 Wizarding XP
- 100 Brilliant Family XP
- 5 Spell Books
- 1 Epilogue Title
Brilliant Foundables and Where to Find Them
Just like previous Brilliant Events, you will only be able to encounter some of these Brilliant Foundables in the wild. The others are available as rewards for completing event tasks, completing bonus tasks, and unlocking Brilliant Portkeys.
|Brilliant||Where to find it||Fragments to collect|
Brilliant Young Ron Weasley
Brilliant Decoy Detonators
Brilliant Weasley Is Our King Banner
Ron’s Comic Book
Brilliant Wizard Chess Set
|Brilliant Portkey Portmanteaus||5|
|Bonus Assignments (formerly Wizarding Challenges)||3|
Brilliant Event Bundles
There are 4 bundles total that will be available during this event. Be sure to snag the Free Bundle as soon as the event starts for Tonic for Trace Detection Potion Ingredients in the event you are missing them. The Bonus Bundle will not be available until the Bonus Assignment is unlocked, so keep that in mind! I have outlined the details for the bundles below.
|Baneberry Potion Ingredients||6|
|Tonic for Trace Detection||5|
|Baruffio’s Brain Elixir||3|
|Potion Vault Capacity||5|
Bonus Assignment Bundle (2 available)
|Baruffio’s Brain Elixir||5|
|Potent Exstimulo Potion||15|
Tips to Complete the Brilliant Event
If this is your first Brilliant Event, or if you’re thrown off by the different tasks, these tips will help you complete the Brilliant Event before the time runs out. With careful planning (and a little bit of walking!), you can complete the Bonus Assignment as well!
- There should be an increase in the following Traces in both Tonic for Trace Detection and in natural spawns on the Map: Self-playing Harp, Dirigible Plum, Crystal Ball, Music Box, Quibbler, Howler, Wanted Poster of Sirius Black, Mandrake (High), Grawp (Severe), Weasleys’ Flying Car (Severe). I emphasize the should be because of the issue with the Magical Mischief event in days past.
- As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 Rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Brilliant Portkeys will glow purple on the Map. This should be alleviated by the additional slots for Portkeys and Adventure Sync, but we’re interested to hear feedback if you experience anything to the contrary!
- If you’ve having trouble finding Brilliant Traces, avoid flagged areas. They are less likely to spawn in those areas.
- To collect the Brilliant Pigwidgeon, you need to complete the Bonus Assignment or do Wizarding Challenges (Fortress battles) with a Brilliant Runestone. DO NOT attempt to complete Wizarding Challenges unless you can do so while adhering to your local law enforcement’s ruling on quarantine or social distancing. Try Fortress Chambers Ruins I to Tower II to collect these Fragments.
- Save your Scrolls and your Restricted Section Books until the end of the event. Then use our guide to spend them wisely! That said, most Aurors and Magizoologists have already earned all the necessary Restricted Section Books, and some Professors have also collected all of them. At this point, the question is whether to save Restricted Section books for another skill tree, or invest them in a second profession. That’s a personal choice, so good luck!
What do you think about the Burrow Besieged Brilliant Event? Let us know by joining us on our social platforms and hop in on the conversation!